Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a buttstock on my hunting AR that has a sling stud built in on it. It looks like the B5 SOPMOD has one, as well as the VLTOR EMOD. Am I correct on each? I want use a standard hunting sling on the rifle. The B5 is winning if they both have a stud on it. It looks like has it from pics, but I haven't held either to be sure! Thanks guys!

·
Who?
7,957 Posts
Stud like what is usually seen on bolt action rifles and such, or a QD socket?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should be able to use just about any AR stock with this adapter; I've also seen it (or something like it) used on the telescoping carbine stocks (mounted straight or swiveled to one side):

http://www.ctkprecision.com/arslingswivelstud.aspx
Sincerely, thanks anyways on this one. I kinda have a picture of something else in my head. It's why asked about those two the B5 or the EMOD.

·
NRA Life member
725 Posts
I want to put a buttstock on my hunting AR that has a sling stud built in on it. It looks like the B5 SOPMOD has one, as well as the VLTOR EMOD. Am I correct on each? I want use a standard hunting sling on the rifle. The B5 is winning if they both have a stud on it. It looks like has it from pics, but I haven't held either to be sure! Thanks guys!
Yes, both stocks have a QD sling socket

·
Who?
7,957 Posts
Plank I've seen over time you have a ton of knowledge bud. Help me on this one please!!
Never seen such an animal on a collapsing AR stock, only on fixed stocks, unfortunately. I have seen it as an option on some rail systems, though.

Forgot to mention,......have a beard?
The XLTOR stock is rather rough on them.
A piece of tape on the buffer tube corrects that. I have had the same issue with Magpul stocks.

·
Huge Member
11,507 Posts

·
Glock 40 cal.
1,664 Posts
I have a Magpul CTR buttstock with push button/quick release QD sling mount on one of my AR's -works perfect. The CTR also has a nice buttpad and a position locking lever- no buttstock rattle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts