close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Inflation and Arbey's

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by USMCsilver, Nov 4, 2004.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

It sucks that everything is getting more expensive! I remember laughing at people when they say, "I remember when I used to be able to get a Coke and hamburger at the local joint for under a dollar." Now, I see where they are coming from...

Hell, a fine example -- Arbey's. I remember when it used to be 5 roast beefs for $5.00. Then, they brought it up to $5.95. Now, I have just seen that it is 5 for $6.95...

Gas prices are up, milk is up, now I can't even take a trip to a fast food resturant without digging out an extra buck. I can see the day when I go to McDonalds, order a number 5 and hear the cashier say, "That'll be $13.88 please." :(

2. elsolo

elsolo

I remember the 5 for $5, I usually could not eat the whole shebang, but I liked the value!

Last time I went to an Arby's they had it for some cheesey goop covered sandwich, I asked if I could get the deal, but request no cheesy goop on my sandwiches "all beef, no cheddar please" NOPE

It was a discount to take the cheesy slime off their hands, one sandwich at a time!

3. ProfMoriarty

ProfMoriarty

The most noticeable inflation at Arby's and McDonald's are the waistlines of the patrons.

4. angry goat

angry goat You're Weak!

It's still 5 for $5 here. I still got one in the fridge. I have noticed inflation in their large curley fries prices though.

5. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I haven't eaten at an Arby's since I realized that big hunk of <strike>beef</strike> material they were cutting on was not a roast.

6. CZ-75A

CZ-75A

I've known that since I was 10. Chopped, pressed and formed is just what every growing boy needs. ;) IOW, everything that falls on the floor in the slaughterhouse. ;g ;0

7. elsolo

elsolo

No different from any other "deli sandwich meats" loaves of compressed meat pieces, salted and seasoned; then thin sliced into yummi goodness

8. AZBob

AZBob 0-60 < 2s CLM

I wouldn't eat at Arby's if it was the whole menu for $.25.

9. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

the only time i eat at Arby's is when they have a 5 for 5 deal (which just went up to 5.95 here, naturally), or some other really good deal.

otherwise, i get one meal that doesn't fill me up for +- 7 bucks? no thanks, i'll go to Rally's before i spend that much for crap food! ;)

10. vart

vart

Arby's is the best fast-food place in my hometown; best food and best customer service.
    However, their prices were getting so ridiculous, it was almost impossible for a family of four to eat there for under $25.

11. Soujurn

Soujurn Deus Diligo USA

It costs more to transport the product to the stores, that is why prices are going up.

12. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

13. CZ-75A

CZ-75A

Yeah, but "pickle loaf" and "roast beef" have two different connotations. Even most deli roast beef is a whole cut.

14. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

then how is there a decent 99 cent menu most other places???

15. Dead Man's Hand

Dead Man's Hand No Way to Win

The cheapest sandwich at Arby's in my area is $1.99, that is for their basic pressed beef plain little *** sandwich. The 5 for $5 is long gone and the last time that ran that special over the summer it was 5 for $6.99. McDonald's on the other hand has raised their prices again when they did away with the Super Sized stuff, instead they raised their price of their large size to the former super size price. Am I the only one who finds it funny that McDonald's former small fries that used to cost $89 cents is now on their extra value menu and are now charging a buck for them? ;g

In Cen-Tex their is a chain of burger places called Short Stop. 10 years ago they had a deal called Bag-o-Burgers which consisted of 4 cheeseburgers, 4 med. fries, and 4 med. drinks for $4.99, then they dropped the drinks a few years later so you got 4 cheeseburgers and 4 fries for $4.99, then a few years after that it went up to $5.99, then after that $6.99, then $7.99, now they just did away with it altogether.

Taco Bell is another example, anyone remember $.59, $.79. $.99?

16. Soujurn

Soujurn Deus Diligo USA

It is too easy to eat this stuff. In my mind, I tell myself that if I dont have time to fix something good and healthy, then I should just go hungry, skip a meal. Like they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Or in this case, the road to the Big and Tall shop.

Arby's has 5 for $5.99 currently here in Burien.

17. Berto

Berto woo woo

Arby's lost me when they dropped the Arby-Q burgers.:(

18. saluki9

saluki9

Yeah, the prices have gone up but so have wages. The food is still my favorite fast food other than Chipotle.

I'm convinced that Arby's sauce has a mild opiate in it. I can't get enough of that stuff.

19. engineer151515

engineer151515

I hit Arby's last night where my daughter and I split the 5 / 5.95 special. That, plus a couple of drinks, and we've got dinner! Usually she keeps one for school lunch the next day! :)

BTW - those Arby Q's were good too.

20. sc6gun

sc6gun Honorary Texan

hey, I remember those....ummmmmmmm ummmmmmmmmmmm!