GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
well, it is without contest that nothing beats the feeling of being home.mas masarap pa rin sa pinas kesa sa ibang bansa. but the thing is, why most of our countrymen go abroad to endure the loneliness and pain of being far away from the philippines is to earn more and live a good life for oneself and for one's family. i did make some sacrifice being far away from my kids for a couple of years now just to earn bigger in the states but if i were to choose between this country and the phils. i'd still say that nothing beats the beauty of the phils. nothing beats the feeling of being home.
when i visited the country last feb. it really felt good. i miss the traffic, the heat, my friends, my family, the streets where i used to pass by, my merc, everything..:)
im just saving some money so i can come back home, buy a house for me and my family and probably spend the rest of my life there.:)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by chowchow
Originally posted by charlie-xray
Airport ng Saudi KKIA at Airport ng Pilipinas NAIA.

Sa NAIA pag naka pila ka, at may dumating na Westerner or ibang lahi nauuna or pinauuna sa counter yun dahil sa dalang dollar.

Sa KKIA pagka nakita nila ang kababayan nilang Arabo na naka-pila at ikaw ay isang hamak na pinoy,pakitan,india,bangladesh or srilankan PAUUNAHIN NILA YUNG KALAHI NILA. may one-time na kahit Westerner naunahan ng Arabo, sambit lang nung Westerner ay B$#@!$$.

Dito na lang sa example na ito, basang-basa mo na bakit lugmok ang Pilipinas. Walang PRIDE bottomline palagi PERA.

Just my 2 petots.
[/QUO

Dito rin sa States, depende kong itim, mexicano o puti ang naka harap mo. Tuloy tuloy kong kalahi nila.
Sa Pilipinas lang ang mataas ang tingin sa puti kasi dollars ang dateng. It is sad.
Ang mga babae natin pina aspire na foreigners ang kasama nila. Kahit mga DOM and dateng. Go figure .
yeah, this is true. here in the states, there was one experience my buddies and i had. we went to see a movie at edwards cinema and there on the ticket booth, there was this mexican guy getting the tickets. we wanted to bring inside the cinema cold stone ice cream in styro cups but then he didnt allow us to get in coz he says that its not allowed inside the cinema, only those food items purchased at edwards are allowed. so we complied of course as obedient individuals. my poor friend ordered a large cold stone ice cream which he had to finish eating outside just to get in. he missed 15 mins of the movie. we were able to get inside quickly because we only ordered the regular sized ice cream.
to cut the story short here's what happened. the mexican stopped us from entering the cinema right, but then just a few seconds after that, there was this group of white guys with mexicanos who were also there carrying starbucks coffee and he allowed them to get inside. What do you call that? there's no starbucks at edwards cinema and that starbucks coffee with cream were bought from outside.
what would you call that? Just simply because the mexican guy saw us asians, we felt discriminated in a way. i guess thats the right word for it, discriminated. they look at us differently. but with white guys and fellow mexicans, they have no issues with them.
well, its still common here in the u.s. but what can we do about it? like my cousin from new york tells me, "you just have to deal with it nigga":) we're considered third class citizens here and we just have to face that fact. am i right? besides, we're still foreigners in this country even if we were born here just because of our skin color.
just deal with it. :)
just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
If there's one thing being active in all sorts of sports competition has taught me, attitude is everything! :) positive parati mga braders

pag sampu na ang mike, syet makaka 90% ang kalaban
pag umulan sa bike leg , syet 10% ang ibibilis ko pag basa kalsada!
Pag natalo ng milya-milya , @#$%%nila! magbabayad sila sa pandaraya nila sakin! bwehehehe

Sports is life! Be positive , kahit talo :)

( I dont know if my post is relevant sa thread kasi I only read the last few posts :))

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Originally posted by theTactician
well, it is without contest that nothing beats the feeling of being home.mas masarap pa rin sa pinas kesa sa ibang bansa. but the thing is, why most of our countrymen go abroad to endure the loneliness and pain of being far away from the philippines is to earn more and live a good life for oneself and for one's family. i did make some sacrifice being far away from my kids for a couple of years now just to earn bigger in the states but if i were to choose between this country and the phils. i'd still say that nothing beats the beauty of the phils. nothing beats the feeling of being home.
when i visited the country last feb. it really felt good. i miss the traffic, the heat, my friends, my family, the streets where i used to pass by, my merc, everything..:)
im just saving some money so i can come back home, buy a house for me and my family and probably spend the rest of my life there.:)
Oh yes! There's no place like home, as the cliche says. No matter what people say negatively about our country, it's still our home. What saddens me is that there are quite a number of Filipinos who became naturalized Canadians, and seem to forget where they come from. They'd say negative things about our country, like, ang gulo-gulo, madumi, etc., and I make it a point to answer them back. That's why when my son doesn't talk to me in Ilonggo at home, I won't answer him. My son would even cry if I don't give him bagoong or tuyo sent by my parents from the Philippines.;) His cousins in the States are also fond of tuyo, and they're very fond of eating lechon.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Originally posted by theTactician
yeah, this is true. here in the states, there was one experience my buddies and i had. we went to see a movie at edwards cinema and there on the ticket booth, there was this mexican guy getting the tickets. we wanted to bring inside the cinema cold stone ice cream in styro cups but then he didnt allow us to get in coz he says that its not allowed inside the cinema, only those food items purchased at edwards are allowed. so we complied of course as obedient individuals. my poor friend ordered a large cold stone ice cream which he had to finish eating outside just to get in. he missed 15 mins of the movie. we were able to get inside quickly because we only ordered the regular sized ice cream.
to cut the story short here's what happened. the mexican stopped us from entering the cinema right, but then just a few seconds after that, there was this group of white guys with mexicanos who were also there carrying starbucks coffee and he allowed them to get inside. What do you call that? there's no starbucks at edwards cinema and that starbucks coffee with cream were bought from outside.
what would you call that? Just simply because the mexican guy saw us asians, we felt discriminated in a way. i guess thats the right word for it, discriminated. they look at us differently. but with white guys and fellow mexicans, they have no issues with them.
well, its still common here in the u.s. but what can we do about it? like my cousin from new york tells me, "you just have to deal with it nigga":) we're considered third class citizens here and we just have to face that fact. am i right? besides, we're still foreigners in this country even if we were born here just because of our skin color.
just deal with it. :)
just my 2 cents worth.

I noticed they dont want to be called as mexicans but hispanics. Anyway they are of the aztec tribes and speak third world monotones. Cant even speak english and makes up the bulk of illegals into this country.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by chowchow
I noticed they dont want to be called as mexicans but hispanics. Anyway they are of the aztec tribes and speak third world monotones. Cant even speak english and makes up the bulk of illegals into this country.

oh really? yeah, thats what i heard too. and they sometimes act like they own the state of california. probably this is because the state of CA was originally from mexico, right? well, anyway, i just keep in mind that no matter what, even if i do become a u.s. citizen, im still considered a foreigner here. but that's ok. :)
always take pride in being a filipino.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts