close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

inferior glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cdunn, Mar 4, 2010.

1. cdunn

cdunn

I was informed today through a friend at work(his brother), that his hk is a superior pistol compared to my glock.So I laughed and asked him to ask his brother if its such crap why do so many police/military use them?I guess I should sell all my glocks to buy one hk,so I can be a internet commando also.:rofl:

2. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

I know it's probably fun to bash anything other than the gun you own but HKs ARE superior to Glocks IMO. Fit, finish and the trigger action on my HKs are far better than any Glock I own. I know this isn't the case for all shooters so before you banish your friend to the land of the internet commandos, I suggest you try shooting one before dogging it.

3. vmann

vmann Controller

i personally hate the hk trigger...as for it being superior then glock, well if i had just paid twice as much for a gun that does the same thing as mine then yea, i would be trying to get my monies worth some way....

4. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

again, it's personal preference. some like SA some like DA. Some like a 10 lb trigger pull some like 3.5 lb trigger pulls. all preference. I don't think I need to justify anything for buy my Sig to any Glock fans. Just like I don't have to justify my Glock to Sig owners.

5. cdunn

cdunn

I've HAD 2 ,they don't move me especially for the money,its just funny that someone who has owned one pistol is going to tell me about mine.its my friends brother,my friend thinks his brother does alot of internet training.I know its prefence, but I'm not going to to tell anybody that mines better,I figure as long as your shooting your ok with me.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  6. andyo5

andyo5

I think it is poor taste to go around denigrating the possessions of other people.

7. cdunn

cdunn

correct

8. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

Unless those people own a hi-point. Then its more than acceptable.

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I'll add a +1. You'd think, if they were worth what they cost, they'd be beating stock Glocks, CZ's and M&P's in head to head speed/accuracy competition. Those of you who compete know they aren't. What exactly can a handgun give me that beats hitting the target as fast as possible with the reliability required for competition?

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That kind of makes discussions of guns pointless if we can only say good things, huh?:upeyes:

11. lbckid19

lbckid19

:rofl::rofl:

12. mdhandyman

mdhandyman

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:Now that's funny!!!

13. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

so you bought another thousand dollare pistol after you didn't like the first one? Don't really know what to say about that.

I see what you are saying but you are calling him names bashing him to total strangers. I don't see how that is not on the same level as calling someone elses gun inferior.:dunno:

14. FobulousGlock

FobulousGlock

what does stock prices have to do with it? Do Honda Civics/Cube or whatever econobox it is now, not outsell every luxury brand out there?

A BMW M3 and a Civic DX will get the same job done, but it doesn't mean I would rather own a Civic over an M3.

15. Jim S.

Jim S.

I'm not of the opinion that Glocks are the greatest firearm out there. But I am of the opinion that they are reliable, durable, decently accurate, and relatively cheap.
    I personally have two that have functioned flawlessly with over 8000 rounds through each one.
    I've never had a handgun do that before.
    They are not pretty, but they work.
    To me, Glocks are the small block chevys' of the gun world.

16. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

How hard is it to understand that local government agencies, because of the constant lack of money to go around, will ALWAYS buy the lowest priced thing they can get from the lowest bidder?

Glocks are cheap, and if there was a gun they could get for less money that they could possibly get their police department to accept, then that's what the local government bean counters would buy, and force on their officers.

You should look at small town departments, where officers have to buy their own gun with their own money, and are allowed to get whatever they want (with only a few caliber restrictions). In such departments, Glocks DO NOT dominate, and most guys will usually spend more for something better.

17. thorn137

thorn137 Walther

Police drive a lot of cars I wouldn't care to own.

thorn

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

You seem to have taken half a sentence out of context. I said if they were worth the price, why doesn't their performance show it. It's not a price issue - it's more like saying, if my Mustang can beat your BMW in every aspect of performance that matters, you'd be foolish to pay more for a BMW.

19. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

But is that because you buy cars that perform better, or because you buy the car as a status symbol? That is a good analogy for the Glock/H&K debate.

20. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

What is?