close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Inexpensive shoulder rig for g21...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by thewrights20042, Mar 13, 2010.

1. thewrights20042

thewrights20042

I recently picked up a g21SF for home protection and was looking into an INEXPENSIVE ($30-$50 range) shoulder rig that would work for strolling around the house. Doesn't have to conceal extremely well as I have a smaller option for ccw. I was just wondering what others might have used and might suggest. I know I will get comments about the galcos and the custom rigs, all of which are great rigs BUT all are $100+ range and I am not looking to spend that much just to carry around my house. Came across this Uncle Mikes version and it looks to fit the bill. [​IMG] Anyone have experience with this holster or might suggest another one similar to it? Thanks for all the input.

2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Uncle Mike's and Blackhawk low-end shoulder rigs are terrible. You'll rarely use a shoulder rig, and real shoulder rigs don't come in the sub 50 dollar range unless you find a great deal on a used one. Galco Miami Classic and Jackass rigs set the standard. Note that the number one mistake those new to shoulder rigs make is thinking the gun/offside mag carrier should be down by the belt, requiring tie-downs. This is not the proper configuration, and leads to the gun and rig shifting and banging. A properly adjusted rig has the gun and offside mag carrier closer to the armpit than the belt. Good luck whatever you choose.

3. Scott30

Scott30

For $50 or less your choices will be limiited. A good shoulder holster rig will cost you over $100. I would save my money until I could get a good rig then I would have a rig that would be comfortable to wear for more than around the house.

4. BigJoe13

BigJoe13

I have an ever cheaper version of this Uncle Mikes rig you show. It is junk and wish I had not spent the $20.00 on it I did. Now matter how I tried to adjust it, it printed with every type of cover clothing including heavy coats.

FWIW