Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a solid, but inexpensive one. Metal or polymer body. It's going to be a light duty light, so waterproofing and such aren't that important. 150-300 lumens. One, constant mode would be ok, but strobe would be nice. Simple. End cap button. Not too large. Thank you Guys.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,575 Posts
Nestor Browning makes a relatively powerful smallish light that is about 300 lumens and takes the 123 series batteries. I have one on my AR and my shotgun as weapons lights and the recoil off the 12 gauge hasn't affected it at all. At room distance it is blinding and has dual mode operation, with effective (able to identify someone) out to 50+ yards. I think I spent around 40-50 dollars for mine. I thought enough of their performance I bought 5 of them total.

·
Lean & Mean
15,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys. I will look at those. Still have two massive Maglites, but it's time for something smaller. Cheers.

Reactions: G19Tony

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Thanks Guys. I will look at those. Still have two massive Maglites, but it's time for something smaller. Cheers.
I'd upgun the big Maglites with LED kits and pick up a smaller mini-maglite like this for pocket carry: https://www.amazon.com/Maglite-lume...&keywords=mini+maglite&qid=1588482607&sr=8-13 Its built like a tank, uses standard (cheap 'n easy) batteries, and fits in a pocket. What's not to like?

Its what I did. I still like the 4x C-Cell Maglite with the LED lamp for walking perimeter after dark, but the mini-mag fits in a pocket nicely if I don't want to carry the big light.

Grumpy

·
Banned
547 Posts
Reactions: nrajeff and Nestor

·
Premium Member
26,236 Posts
I bought a 3 battery AAA led light. 2 lights $11. Bright, half power. The switch comes loose, glue it in and they are really decent lights. Half a cent of glue when they assembled and I would buy more.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Streamlight Stylus Pro. Takes 2 AAA batteries. I load mine with lithium primaries and these little things just crank out light.

Simple UI. Tail click with one mode.

I have several. One for each car and a few around the house.

I also have a couple Coast flashlights that work pretty well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Rayovac® Indestructible 3AAA LED Flashlight

I bought two of these a couple yrs ago. About 20 bucks each, very bright for size. Dropped em a couple times on hard surface, still working. I’m happy with em!

·
NRA Benefactor Life Member
3,407 Posts
For inexpensive I've been pretty happy with Coast, good output and always work.
^This^
They must have taken over the LED Lenser as I havent been able to find them but Coast has more power. The PX25 size is just right.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts