close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indy 2004 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 26, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Post your stories here. I will start a separate thread for photos.

2. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Fantastic Weather, Great RO's and the #1 GSSF crew(Chris Edwards, Scott Gilbertson and Julie Goloski)have the match running VERY smooth and very little waiting at any of the stages!!! Don, James, Austin and myself where completely finished shooting by 12:30 and we didn't get started until late......about 9:15!!!! They started shooting at 8:25 this morning!!!!!;)We didn't leave for the range until 8:30 this morning! :)
    I did not shoot up to my standard, but I had a GREAT time for my first time here in Indy!;f We are going back later this afternoon and will get some pictures and post them!;)
    Dan:cool:

3. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

Match was well run. I was in at 8:30 and out by 11:00.

Not my best match by far. I had forgotten how bad the lighting was on that range due to the overhead baffles. You have targets in complete shade, but stripes of light and dark behind them against the backstop.

At least that sounds like a good excuse.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well this being my first trip to Indy I have been well pleased. The match was very well run and was really set up quite nice. It's a small range but that's great because you don't have to walk for miles to get from one stage to the next. The overhead baffels were definately a challenge but didn't seem to bother my scores, I just had to slow these old eyes down a little more and that is good. Many thanks to Chris, Scott, Julie and the entire RO crew for a job well done. I was expecting long waits after some of the posts I read on the Indiana Glockers page but I feel this was one of the smoothists run matches I have competed in.

Thanks to all. ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Tremendous.....Great weather....Great Ro's....arrived at 1:15 pm..starting shooting at 1:30 pm was done at 2:00 pm....I have never shot a match so quickly( yes I did shoot too fast). I was surprised to see almost fewer than 15 people there when I arrived. If anyone is thinking about going this weekend I would suggest in getting down to the range Sunday...sorry I missed everyone. Oh yes that first score of the year...seems I still like to shoot gophers, did have a good plate time in Amateur after shooting 2 inches low in Competition
    for all four runs.See ya at Marietta...;f

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

I sounds like you are having a great time. :) :cool:

Pharaoh

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

You would have enjoyed this match!;)
    Dan:cool:

8. Clem

Clem

Hi guys! Donna here. Tony made it in around 9:00pm Saturday evening. He'll be shooting today. Sounds like they're having fun without us Pete, maybe next year?

9. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

GEEEEEEE

;1 ;1 ;1 ;1 ;1

Pharaoh

10. Guest

I'd like to thank all who attended & helped out. I greatly appreciate everyone!!!

11. mcsd2598

mcsd2598

Not my best match at all. I'll be very surprised if I'm anywhere near the cash & prizes in A class unlike previous years. Hopefully I shot bad enough to win something in B class. Several Mikes in the 5 to Glock on the far target. If the Mikes would have been D's or C's I might have been somewhere in the top 15 or so, but not now.

But I did shoot well(for me) in the divisions that I know I didn't have a chance in. UL\M and SUB. But not well enough to beat the real masters or the guys that had a good day with their minis. I RO'd Sat. on the "M" and saw some really good runs.

I also introduced a shooter to GSSF for the first time. Had to twist his arm with free ammo to get him to shoot and work a half day for him so he'd make it in time. He said he shot like crap too, but had fun. I think with a little coaching and arm twisting(but no more free ammo) he'll be sucked in as well. I'm already working on him taking the weekend off for the match in Lexington. A bad day shooting beats a good day working anytime.

12. sgtb

sgtb

Was there early on Saturday morning around 7:30 a.m. This was my first match and I had alot of questions. The guys I spoke with were very helpful and I began shooting around 8:30 a.m. and was in my truck driving back home by 10:00a.m. Did not shoot very well at all but had a great time. I hope to make it to another one of these if any come up close to Illinois again.

13. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

...Boo-Hoo:(

..couldn't make it..stuck in MS.

14. DP177

DP177

The match and facilities were great. The weather was even nice. The RO's did a fantastic job.
    Our Minnesota crew (short one shooter) pulled in a little after 3:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. We were to tired after driving all day to try and shoot but did pick up our score sheets to make Sunday morning go smoother. I was able to meet my teammates Dan and Don for the first time. Glad to see you guys, sorry we weren't able to go out that night, maybe in Lexington.
    We headed back to the range Sunday morning and started shooting at about 8:50. We were done by 11:15. We met some more very nice people Sunday including Clark, Jim and Tony. Tony, glad we had a chance to talk hope your shooting went well and the trip home was safe.
    We had lunch and were back on the road heading north by 1:30.
    Now back to the range to start practicing for the Minnesota match and hope to correct my errors.
    DP

15. Clem

Clem

Got back last night from Indy. The match ran very smooth, with no serious backlog at any of the stages like I'd expected. I got to the range @ 11:15 AM Sunday morning and was done by 1:15 PM. Didn't do as well as I'd hoped (when DO we?) but still had a good time. Unofficial times were as follows: MasterStock = 67.28 sec. (15 sec. in added time), Unlimited = 53.84 sec. (7 sec. in added time) and once again left the last plate standing in Master MajorSub (total of 16 sec. added) for a total of 59.02 sec. The visits I had with old friends as well as new were much more fun than the way I shot! Finally got to meet Teammate Dwight Parker (wish we had more time to visit - maybe Conyers!) and also ran into old friends G7 and Jim Harlan (affectionately known as "Old Man"). Thanks to you and all the other ROs for the excellent job. Without y'all, we couldn't do what we enjoy! Jim, I took your advice & took the Indy Motor Speedway tour Monday - WOW!! Best $ 3.00 I ever spent! THANKS! The size of the track is unbelievable. Thanks to all for the hospitality shown to this Texan. Scott, Chris, Julie & Leo - great to see & visit with y'all again. Thanks for another well-run match and for all the work that goes into them. Nothing else on our schedule 'til Conyers. We'll see everyone there in October! Tony.

16. Clem

Clem

P.S. - Don & Dan & the rest of the gang, sorry I missed y'all on Saturday evening. Got to the room & was out like a light! Hope your trip back home was safe. See y'all in Conyers if not before then! Take care, my friends. Tony.

17. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

Clem, LovesGlocks, good to see you guys again !!

I shot Sunday afternoon, and decided I should have shot Sunday morning. I was a little too tired to focus well. Still, my Subcompact entry with the 26 was good. But the Competition entry with the 34 was stunningly poor. In fact, in all 3 stages I shot the little 26 better than the 34. THINKING instead of just SHOOTIING, probably.

But I was safe - and had fun. :cool:

18. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

G7 - it was great seeing you again... thanks for the warm welcome Sunday morning. Thank you to Mrs. G7 for scheduling everyone through smoothly on the plates. You both did a tremendous job along with the entire HUGE crew of RO's at the Indy match. Looks like the RO support there is much more than at most matches...your club is very lucky to have that. G7 - hope to see you and Mrs. G7 at other matches on the GSSF Circuit.

The RO's we had were all competent and friend. It was great to see my friend Bill Miller there. I wish I could have seen Randy, Bill's grandson but perhaps next year Randy will be there. HI THERE Bill!

INDY GSSF Match is a must shoot! All the people we met in the state of Indiana were friendly... more than we are used to. The food was great and the hotel was superb.

We got the chance to spend time with the Johnson family... Don, Dan, James, and great-grandson Johnson (an talented junior shooter and future Champion)! Four generations of "The Need For Speed" Johnsons! Don, Dan and James - it was great having dinner with you all. Thanks for a quality evening and teaching us a few tricks of the trade - especially of the Carver/Rhea variety. I'm a believer... and have my order in already!!!

Bruce W. - it was great to see you again. You also have some talents up your sleeve (great job on your Glocks)! Sorry we couldn't spend more time together but we had to get on the road shortly after we got done shooting... long ride home.

Tony C. - Sorry we missed you... we got done at 11:30'ish and was anxious to get on the road.

Chris, Scott and Julie - thank you for everything... it was great as usual... Cheers to everyone that helped make this match happen.

Hope to see some of you at the next match!

19. Clem

Clem

Frank - sorry I missed y'all too! Saw your name on the sign-up sheet, but you'd already shot. Hope to see you in Conyers!

Bruce Warren - It was a pleasure to finally meet you! Wish I'd had more time to visit, but I hope to see you at another match in the future. Continued good luck!

Dwight Parker - CONGRATS on some GREAT shooting!!

20. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

This was my first GSSF outdoor event and I'm looking forward to Marietta and Lexington later in the year. The RO's were super and really helpful. It seemed I didn't have wait long at all. In fact, I was the first one at the 5 to Glock and the only one in there to start with. My first GSSF and I'm the first up! I only waited for the Glock M and that wasn't a long wait. I started after 9 and was completely done after 12 noon. I met many neat people from different states and many of them it was their first GSSF also. The day was great and I had a lot of fun!