Indy 2002 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 29, 2002.

1. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

"The Young Guns III"... 10 year old David Stauffer shooting the Glock M event with 12 year old Randy Miller (backup RO with yellow muffs) looking on.

I don't know the name of the main RO holding the timer but he sure handled himself well, especially with the junior shooters! Perhaps Bill Miller can help me out with the names that I missed.

2. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here's what it was like to shoot Glock M at INDY...

GSSF Competitor Scott Stauffer engaging the Glock M targets... notice the CREW that Bill Miller put around just one stage... talk about an army of RO's in place! Great job Bill and team!

Scott has done a fantastic job with his two kids Benjamin (20) and David (10)... they are both GLOCKERS! and know how to handle firearms safely and participate in the shooting sports.

Another success story that anti-gunners fail to recognize...

3. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Here's one of the 5TG stages at INDY... a little different with the baffles and overhead barriers, don't you think?

4. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

"Young Gun Randy Miller"...

This young man has been listening to his Grandpa's teachings! Check out the nice form Randy is using to bear down on the Glock M targets. He's an up-and-coming GSSF Champ!

5. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

GSSF Competitor Benjamin Ecklor from Fort Wayne, IN... 'Hoosier Shooter'!

Check out the intense focus folks.. that's what's needed!

6. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

'Hoosier RO'.. another great bunch of Range Officers (Glock M)...

This crew ran an excellent stage and worked with me to get the nice 'action' shots of the various shooters on Glock M.

That's Bill Miller (CRO), second from the left, with his grandson Randy.

Bill, you'll have to help me with the names of the great RO's in this picture... in my haste, I didn't get their names at the match.

7. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

What is it?

From the expression on some of these RO's faces, I wonder if I dribbled some ketchup and mustard on my shorts or something....

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Pin Master Bruce Warren attacking the Glock-M targets... if I were a Glock M target, I'd be scared!

9. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

One of my favorite pics of the day... Indiana Police Officer Charles Huffman engaging the Glock M targets... check out the resulting targets on the next post! It was certainly a pleasure meeting you Charles, you inspire!

10. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

After the dust settles... there are nice groups on the targets that Charles engaged on Glock M... INSPIRING to say the least!

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

One of our newest GT members, Jeremy (macosx) on Glock M... you're doing GREAT Jeremy! Looks like you are on your way! Hope you had fun and it was great to meet you.

12. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Bruce Warren's friend Bill engaging the targets... looks like these guys that shoot pins all year round sure can hit what they shoot at! Alot of us are waiting with anticipation (just like Carly) for Bobby Carver's new mount! Wonder if Bobby will give a free t-shirt with the purchase of a mount...

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Hey Bill... I'll get you a BC Armory shirt if you get the RO to paint the plates before I shoot....

Just kidding, I'm sure the RO's will comply with any reasonable request to repaint the plates... really was not a problem since the plates are contrasted with a BLACK backstop!

14. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

You know... serendipity is the best... I was at the last IDPA Winter Nationals at some Academy in Springfield, MA (freedom of speech is one thing but I don't want to be thrown off of GlockTalk by mentioning the S&W word, oops...)

anyways, I tried very hard to get a 'flame thrower' shot of the low light stage that involved shooting a 5-shot S&W Hi-Tech Scandium Snubbie (like my buddy Todd says, Glock doesn't currently make revolvers!)... do you think after about 25 picture attempts that I could catch one? NOPE!

Tah-Dah! I finally got a 'flame thrower' shot at INDY GSSF Match! Take that S&W!

Check out GSSF Competitor Benjamin Ecklor's mini-flame thrower!

15. mcsd2598

mcsd2598 Guest

Well, just got back from the match. I had some good and bad runs. Overall, I feel good about the match. I did achieve one of my biggest goals to break 3.8 on the plates. Well, I shot a 2.89 and 3.24 with my G34. I was very happy with that. My 5 to glock was above average for me. Next time I'll reload and bring more ammo. Ran out during the plates. I shoot better than I can do math. Thanks to Mark and his handloads saved the day, and helped me get the 2.89 and 3.24 runs on the plates

My soon to be wife Shannon (she was the RO on Sat. on the 5toG) shot her 3rd GSSF and did fantastic. I figure mid-B class.

Over all Team Bradis did very well(we think). We should have another 1st or 2nd place plaque to hang up in the shop very soon we hope.

Also, everyone is thanking the RO's. Shannon and I RO'd all day Sat. We as RO's would like to thank everyone who came out. We met a lot of great people. Everyone was very safe and professional while handling there weapons. It's great to be around that many people who know what they are doing. We even ran some of the younger shooters through our line and they handled there equipment like experienced champs.

16. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Anyone that can get Microsoft Certification can do math well!

17. don't tread on me

don't tread on me Guest

Loveglocks,
    when do you find time to actually shoot the match,maybe you can become employed by Glock as Match photographer!Good job!

-------------------------
    I trust in GOD,
    but I still carry a Glock

18. Ebcg

Ebcg Guest

This was my first GSSF shoot and I was mightily impressed. The armorer fixed up a bulky trigger and adjusted my sights for my left handedness. My brother was with me and we had a very nice time. We both shot pretty good and felt like the staff and RO's went above and beyond to assist a couple of rookies. My brother who has less than 250 rounds through a handgun only left one plate standing and only one miss at the 25 yard 5 to Glock target. Wow!

Very well organized, helpful staff and a challenging COF will definitely get me back.
    Ed

19. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

DTOM,

Thanks! I hope you have some pull at Glock... I can use a new and FUN job!

20. traithe

traithe

LoveGlocks,

You captured my better side in the picture dcp_0038_bc_rdc.jpg
    I am the second guy from the left at the Glock M stage, I was wearing jean shorts, a navy blue shirt and a ten hat the said "Linc Systems" in blue lettering. I'm going to get a shirt made with the name traithe on the back so ya'll can say HI next year. One of the Glocktalk shirts should do nicely. See you guys next year and for you local guys, I hope to see you at Popguns on Saturday July 13th for the Indoor Glock Shooting League!