close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indy 1500 review

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RHVEtte, Jan 16, 2010.

1. RHVEtte

RHVEtte

Well, today was the second day of the Indy 1500. Not a bad turnout this year. Prices were a lot less insane this year than last. The days of cheap ammo are gone, but at least they weren't gouging too terribly (no $1/shot .223 Wolf ammo this year, etc.) Selection was pretty good, too. There were a lot of crap guns (Jimenez, Jennings, etc.) but there was also a lot of good ones. Saw a lot more RIA 1911s this year and for decent prices. The mil-surp selection was pretty good also, at least for C&R. Mosins, Mausers, and Enfields as far as the eye could see (FALs, HK91s and the like were expensive, though.)

Speaking of which, I picked up a K31 today for $250, with an excellent bore and very nice wood. I think it's walnut, but it's probably beech. So, how'd I do?

2. norton

norton

Have you pulled the butt plate to see if the paper with the soldiers name is under there?
    The K31 is a great rifle. Outstanding trigger for a military rifle. Cycles smoothly too.
    Ammo is not easy to find and can be expensive. One of these days I am going to get dies to reload this round.

3. RHVEtte

RHVEtte

Yep, pulled the plate off, and there was a little slip of paper with the serial number and the contact info for the soldier to whom it was issued. I think I'll try sending a letter sometime during the week.