Indt 2005 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 25, 2005.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your adventures here.:)

2. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

It was warm!
    ;f

And the match went great! The squadding was done well as far as I could see and shooters seemed to move through the match with out problems.

I believe I even shot my best Master Stock score ever. ;f ;a ;f

Also got to meet several Glocktalk members!

Did I say it was warm?

;?

3. whiskerz

whiskerz

Shot bad. I was slow and missed twice. Lesson do not stay out til 1:30 before getting up at 5:30 to go shooting.;f It was very humid. I had fun as always and of course will shoot more . now time for sleep:) ;Q ;f

4. cl147

cl147 I dig SIG

I shot well, despite the heat.

Kept myself within .25 seconds for Am Sub.
    Beat last year's score by 20 sec for Am Civ.
    And putting my score this year, into last year's Am Comp (which I did not shoot last year), I'd have won the Category. :)

I'm happy with myself, other than a half sneeze on the 25yd target on 5 to Glock which cost me a Mike.

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

all in all had a great time, got to meet G7 from here, shoot ok most of the time, shot better for a little bit, and really sucked a few times. hate to ***** but i got screwed over by the ROs on one stage not understanding how to run soemone shooting more than 2 classes. i had to wait 75 minutes to shoot 2 classes then get back in rear of line to reshoot. didn't have a problems at other 2 stages. then when i finished my last 2 classes they had wrong score sheet for major sub and had to transfer the score to new sheets. not 100% sure what my sub and major sheets won't be screwed up, lucky for me only way i'll win anything is the drawings. seems every GSSF match is going to be differant as far as paper and steel so comparing results will be pointless.

stopped on way home and visited with my son. he had a 911 call saturday. guy ran out of gas, walked to a phone and called, said he ran out of gas didn't have anywhere to go, and he had stole the truck he was driving. sons first stolen car/feloney arrest.

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

What a beautiful day and a great place to shoot and enjoy friends old and new.Missed the Minnesota crew but met glockess56...guys she can shoot,talking about shooters I met Steve from Iowa ( Team Carver) and yes I finally got to meet and shake the hand of Bobby Carver...all I can say is Poetry in motion and Mr. Carver is the Poet Laureate,I was honored in pasting a round of his targets on the Glock M.

Our Team IndyGlockers Team 1 was there with E.R.R. and the Old Man and we all hope for success in Amateur Civilan.Jim Harlan also RO'd
    as well as some other familiar faces.....Eric Welsh( G7) by the way Eric helps sponsors quite a few shoots just north of Indy at the Atlanta Conservation Club. I also recognized Sarge from last Sundays GSSF practice and he like all the other volunteers were doing a great job.I want to personally thank Steve Stillabower for the great day and the the smoothness that I experienced at the match.

The day was a three Poweraide day to say the least...my day started with missing my exit and you guessed it on the way home I missed the exit on 465 as well...( seems to be alot of construction going on)after enjoying alot of extra scenery I finally arrived and got checked in.The Glock M is just way too fast now....(so fast I Miked on one target).The 5 to Glock continues to be my pain in the bionic hip and well guess what we had STEEL PLATES...they are fun but I have been practicing on paper...oh well an extra 5 to 6 seconds there.
    All in all looks like I had a personal best for Amateur Civilan....;f

7. salemons

salemons

First time @ GSSF. Had a great time. Kind of hot Saturday but I felt a breeze a few times and even is it didn't last long it felt good. The indoor air conditioned restroom was a relief in more ways than 1. Got there early and was done shooting around 11:00. Shot a G26 and did bad and a G17 and I did a bit better. Hope to be back and plan to do a lot better. Till then, practice, parctice, practice.

8. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

I shot Saturday and was done before Noon. Did OK except for the "5 To Glock" which is usually my worse stage. While waiting to shoot I could see the scoring rings even beyond 25 yards, but by the time I shot the light had changed and I could no longer see them. Shot a Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sight for the first time in a precision shooting event and I'm not sure I like it for precision shooting, but I'll give it another try. Sorry that I didn't get to see Bobby Carver again, but I'll see him again I'm sure.

9. sgtb

sgtb

Had a great time on Sunday with this being my second GSSF. Event went smoothly and I was out of there by 11:00a.m. after shooting two events. Very nice event.

10. Terminator

Terminator

To say it was warm is a little understated. If i died and went south id need a sweater after Indy. WOW IT WAS HOT!!!!!

First off i was thrilled to meet several of our GT members including Mr Carver, Old Man, Butch and his partner from Minn. Ken Siverts from Phoenix "Shooting Gallery episode on GSSF" I saw G7 but didnt get to say hi. ill catch ya next time bro, but you were kinda busy when i saw ya keeping the match running smooth :), Ken Dunham, and several others that i hope the names will come back to me when the heat stroke wears off. It was truly a thrill to meet you all.

The range was very nice IMHO. I liked the bunker style set up and the stages were done well i believe. Im convinced the plates didnt like me very much or at least didnt like my G30 cause the wouldnt fall for me ^8. I hoped that shaking Bobby's hand would rub some luck on me but it wasnt meant to be this day. I had serious trouble holding on to my gun with my sweaty hands. It was like trying to hold on to a slippery minnow. I even had several mikes on the 52G. ;g All in all it was my worst since my first match.

I have to say that the RO's did a great job keeping it running pretty smooth. I had the same problem with my major sub score sheet, but it was handled pretty quickly and painless. Old Man, G7, and the rest of the RO'S seemed to have it all under control. I was impressed with the match and look forward to Indy next year. Hopefully ill shoot much better then, or even up to my average.
    ill just chalk it up to weather.

One good thing really came out of this match. My wife Paula will join GSSF and were going to pick up her G19 Tues or Weds this week.
    I owe that debt of gratitude to All of our friends, but esp Brian Berger from NJ. Thanks Brian, when you mentioned it she finally sad she'd do it.;c

I had a good time and look frward to seeing you all in Statesville!!!!

David S.

11. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Great time. I beat my last years score by 50.24 seconds. Switching from a compact .40 S&W to a full size 9mm really shaved some time off.

Only problem or issue I had was shooting the 5 to glock. We got in line and it took us an hour and a half to get to shoot because everyone was shooting 3 guns. I wish they made you wear a sign that showed how many guns you are shooting. I would have gotten in another line if I knew everyone was shooting multiple guns.

12. ede

ede Bama's Friend

KY shooting more than twice isn't what the rules say or match should be run.

13. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

Well what they were doing was shooting two guns in a row and then waiting until the next shooter shot two guns and then the first shooter would shoot their third gun. They might as well have shot all three guns in a row.

What kind of times did everyone post? My goal was top 10..I shot in the AC class with a time of 75.52.

14. KY23

KY23 GSSF IDPA

I also want to add that all the RO's did a great job...I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because the match was run really well. Especially compared to KY's match last year.

15. cl147

cl147 I dig SIG

Am Civ: 85.81
    Am Sub: 109.95
    Am Comp: 76.30

16. ede

ede Bama's Friend

KY i think that's the correct way to do it. shoot two classes get off the firing line to the "on deck area" and shot again after the guy waiting on you has shot. at one stage, after waiting 75 minutes, i had to get in line all over again, took me near 2.5 hours to shot 1 stage in 4 classes. i agree it seems a little silly to even get off the line to just get right back on. at richmond i had same problem at one stage RO telling me i had to start all over after shooting 2 classes. in their behalf the ROs see one GSSF match a year.

17. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Congrats! ;+
    dp177 had to advise via cellphone as he & his cargo blew by my exit headed westbound to home. Good job!
    ;f

18. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Set-up went real well on Fri afternoon-Steve Stillabower had things very well organized.
    Did I mention it was HOT on Fri afternoon?
    At the RO meeting it was SPECIFICALLY mentioned to "let shooters shoot 2x and move out for at least 1x(2x if the "next" shooter is shooting 2x.
    Did I mention it was HOT at the RO meeting?
    On the top of the sign-up sheets there is some tasty info...might make for some interesting reading for those of you that haven't partook.
    Did I mention it was HOT posting the signup sheets???
    I worked the "right side" plates Saturday...we seemed steady till about 3:eek:o...then VERY sporadic.I did NOT ever see much of a line waiting to shoot-heard from one shooter the "M" was slow, but didn't get a wait time from him.
    I had brought 2 new members in, they R/O'ed and shot-both had a great time , but said it was HOT....
    My personal gripe point...If a RO tells you to "lock the slide back and bag it" how 'bout just locking it back and bagging it? Why all the whining? "well, we never had to...." Just lock it back and bag it.
    Now, as to WHY...well... it just makes it sooo much easier for the RO's to see a pistol come out of a bag(or holster) with the slide locked back and the mag out. Gives us a chance to get things going w/o
    having to get you to open'er up and show clear BEFORE the stage starts...that gets OLD after about the 25th time.
    Did anybody else think it was HOT????
    As for kudo's... I believe the Gentleman and his son working the Southernmost West facing GlockM were the nicest RO's I have ever shot with!
    I hope they BOTH win R/O pistols!
    Scott and Chris we both in excellent spirits, and super to be around!

19. rukh

rukh Senior Member

I agree that it was HOT!! It was my first time at Eagle Creek and I loved it. What a first-rate facility! The RO's did a wonderful job and the squadding went as well as can be expected. The 5-To-Glock was a little slow on Saturday morning, but went smoothly. I waited about an hour. There were just a lot of shooters and a lot of shooters in 3 or more classes (I shot 3). I had no problems on any stage as the RO's had me shoot 2 guns, sit out for one, then shoot my last gun. The M was smooth and quick. I waited about 10 minutes and about 5 minutes on the Plates. With so few shooters when I shot the plates, they let me shoot all 3 guns, as it left no one waiting. I feel that the RO's were as good as it was HOT. Hope everyone can make Marietta, OH next month. Maybe it won't be so HOT!

20. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I shot on Saturday and it wasn't warm as some have stated - it was HOT HOT HOT! But, they had plenty of water there and when the giant coolers were empty, they'd fill them. Then they'd announce that there was more water. The ROs were super nice and lead you through things and even gave some tips! I was glad to meet Festus. He's a super guy and shooter. He helped me with the ROs in looking at my target. He changed their minds! Glad to put the face with the name. I met G7 also. I still want to meet Bobby Carver. Are you all coming to Marietta? Going home I hit the construction on 70E. They had it down to one lane since they were paving. This was a little ways from Indy (probably still in that regine). All the traffic went 15 mph! It took me four hours to get back to Columbus, Ohio. Coming over, it took me 2 hours and 45 mins. (not counting trying to find Eagle Creek from 56 and was around it all the time!).

I really enjoyed shooting that day and meeting new people. I enjoyed the coupon I received in my email saving me the $10.00 walk in fee. I was checking my scores and I did a lot better this year than last. Last year, Indy was my first outdoor GSSF event I ever shot. I do the GSSF indoor league matches all the time around Ohio.

Yes, it was hotter than **** blazes, but it was fun!;a