close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indoor match in Cincy

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by tantor, Sep 3, 2011.

1. tantor

tantor

Has anyone gone and shot this match at Targetworld? Have made plans to go on the 17th of this month. It will be my first match and would like some info on what to expect. it happens to be the closest one to me and want to get my feet wet shooting GSSF.

BC from KY

2. hagan34

hagan34

I havent shot the the GSSF match there but have been to Targetworld before. Only bad thing about it, is it is in Ohio. pretty nice set up from what i remember, its been about 6 yrs ago.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I've shot the match, but it's been about five years ago. I checked on their rules, since I owned three G17s, each one different serial, etc. I emailed them if I could shoot all three as three separate guns, but their rules is I can only shoot a G17 one time. They don't go on one serial number per gun they go by you can only shoot one model. One G17 or G26 or whatever, but by the model. I didn't want to make a two hour trip to shoot once, so I quit going to Cincy. I used to work all night, leave and shoot in Cincy, then go home.

4. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

I have shot it, it usually runs pretty smooth. When you come in go to the back counter,(past the range counter), there will be someone back there that will get you signed in and get your targets ready for you. After that, you just have to wait your turn.

They have 2 lanes on the indoor range dedicated for GSSF the whole day of the match. So you usually don't have to wait very long, if at all. You do not need to sign in @ the range counter. The GSSF Ro inside the range will ask for whoever is next as the shooters go through.

Their match setup is,
    1st Target
    10 rds 15secs @ 15ft
    10 rds 15secs @ 25ft
    10 rds 15secs @ 50ft

2nd Target
    10 rds 30secs @ 75ft
    5 rds 15secs @ 25ft
    5 rds 15secs @ 50ft.

you can shoot multiple guns, or the same gun more that once, but only the first score with each gun counts. They usually post the scores within a day or two on their website.

5. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I also remember, that I would leave work and go down there, and get there a little between 930 or 10. There was a married couple who'd always seem to get there then, also, and the RO would let us shoot, sometimes early, and it seems I always shot with this couple and they were neat people. They were nice at Target World. Good luck in your match. I love Indoor GSSF matches. They're different than outdoor ones, but challenging just the same.

6. tantor

tantor

Thanks for the replies, Im still trying to figure out if I want to go. I thought it might be more like an outdoor match.

7. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

I'm not that impressed by Targetworld. Their air exchange sucks and not in the good way and the targets seem to just swing back and forth enough it's difficult to shoot a good score. Much prefer the GSSF Indoor Matches at New Albany. Good Luck.

8. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

FWIW, I have shot at all the indoor GSSF matches, (except Blackwing) back when it was in it's "heyday" in Ohio a few years ago. There used to be Blackwing, New Albany, Lauhorners, Vandalia Range and Armory, and Targetworld. This year Miami Valley came on board, Lauhorners and Vandalia are long gone. Targetworld is my local match. Charlie (in charge) and Zack (RO) run a good match IMO. Appears Targetworld hardly gets any support from Glock about advertising the matches. It's a shame because I would hate to see another indoor event go away. Lauhorners was great when it first started out, the last match was a total fiasco. Vern and his crew run a great match up at Aim High (New Albany), I just can't make it with their reduced hours and my Saturday work schedule. Heard great things about Blackwing. Vandalia was good while it lasted. Miami Valley ran a good match but needed some help from Glock about the setup IMO. Bottom line I hope the GSSF indoor continues to be viable for Targetworld. No matter what, IMO you need to support a range that is willing to support GSSF indoors. Last season there was a group of KSHP officers/people who shot at Targetworld. There used to be some indoor matches in Kentucky but I haven't heard anything about them in awhile.

9. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Shadow Dog you hit the nail right on the head. I remember the days quite well. Every weekend, almost, there was a GSSF Indoor match within two hours of Columbus or less.