close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indoor GSSF??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by whiskerz, Dec 18, 2003.

1. whiskerz

whiskerz

I shot an Indoor series recently and won B class and was left with ?

How are entries for the pistol handled ? after shooting before at a different range I see 2 completely different standards being used. 1 used 1 entry per every time you shot a match, the other required 2 matches to get 1 ticket in the drawing.

How are the prizes handled ? what the guy told me I won on the phone is not what I got when I went to pick up my prizes. the guy at the range was nice but confused.

Thanks for input. also is there a way to get a copy of indoor rules?
    ;f

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

3. whiskerz

whiskerz

Thanks, I have been there did not find any rules. I called glock and never heard back from them, that's why I came here. But hey I got to see my name on the internet.;f

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

From the GSSF site:

What is a GSSF League Match???

The GSSF League Match is a series of three matches conducted over a 3-month period. Participants must be current GSSF members and compete in two of the three matches to qualify for plaques and prizes. If you are not currently a member, you may join on-line at this web-site or upon registration at a GSSF League Match. An annual GSSF membership costs only $20.00 and allows you to compete in any GSSF match.

The Lewis Prize Allocation system is used to distribute awards as equitably as possible. Thus, competitors may shoot ANY GLOCK pistol. Your two best scores of the series will be totaled and averaged at the end of the 3-match series. If a shooter competes in only two matches, his/her scores are totaled and divided by two. If a shooter competes in all three matches, his/her best two scores are totaled and divided by 2.

The result is one final score for each shooter, which is then listed in the overall order in which he/she finished. The overall list is then divided into thirds, with the top one-third considered "A Class," the second one-third is "B Class," and the final one-third is "C Class." Plaques are awarded to the top competitor of each class.

Additionally, a GLOCK pistol is GIVEN AWAY by drawing at the end of a GSSF League Match series.

Come join us for some fun on the range!

We hope to see you at the next GSSF League Match!

LEWIS PRIZE ALLOCATION SYSTEM

The GSSF League uses the "Lewis" prize allocation system to distribute awards as equitably as possible.

During a League competition, where there will be more than one match, the scores are totaled and "averaged" at the end of the 3-match series. If a shooter shoots in only 2 of the 3 matches, their scores are totaled and divided by 2. If they shoot in all 3 matches, their highest 2 scores are totaled and divided by 2.

The result is one final score for each shooter, which is then listed in the overall order in which they finished. The overall list is then divided into thirds (i.e., the top one-third is "A" class, the second one-third is "B" class, and the third one-third is "C" class).

Plaques will be awarded to the top competitor of each class. In a group of 15 competitors, the winners would be numbers 1, 6, and 11. If the number is not divisible by 3, such as 22, then divide the number by 3 and award plaques to numbers 1, 8, and 15, leaving the largest group in the "C" category.

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

I think it changed to $25.

6. Nukem

Nukem

What's the normal length of time for either posting winners or notifying folks how they did for the indoor matches?
    I shot the one at the ATP gun shop in Goose Creek, SC, and have not heard anything. The last match was 13 December.

TIA

7. whiskerz

whiskerz

I am still wondering how the enteries for the pistol are handled. i have shot 2 different ranges with 2 different ways of doing it. Also the guy at the gunshop did not deliver all of the prizes he said I won. but I am still happy to be a winner.;f and get a plaque

8. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

The winners where:

T Medlock
    A Chandler
    B Chambers

As far as the GSSF site goes.

9. CRUEL HAND LUKE

CRUEL HAND LUKE

At Sportsman's supply in Chattanooga Tn in 2002 we got 1 ticket for the drawing per entry(you could enter multiple times shooting different guns) per match day. So if you shot 2 guns and came to all 3 shoot days you got 6 tickets in the drawing. CRUEL HAND LUKE