close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indoor GSSF Questions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by dglockster, Sep 1, 2006.

1. dglockster

dglockster

Never having participated in any type of GSSF match, I have some very basic questions regarding an indoor match. I found this site, http://www.targetworld.net/gssf_faq.htm, and would like to know if the rules stated here apply to all indoor matches. I would think that there could be some target variance but it seems that the standard for the pistol and the number of rounds fired should be consistent.

2. outsider0506

outsider0506

The course of fire looks identical to the one fired at the LAX Range in California. There is a difference in how the overall scoring works though. At LAX, it doesn't matter what gun you shoot with. For example, if I shot my G19 on the first match, and then shot my G34 for the two remaining matches, all 3 scores are averaged.

3. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Each range, unfortunately, runs it differently. At Target World, in Cincinnati, Ohio, you are allowed to shoot one gun once. Which means if you have, say a G17 and a G19, you can shoot each one of them one time. So, you could be like two different persons. I saw a guy take first, second and third place there because he shot three different Glocks.

AT the other ones I've been to, and I've shot GSSF indoor matches at four other ranges besides Target World, you can shoot as many times as you wish and they count your highest score for two out of three months. In other words, you could shoot a G17 ten times in each of the months and they would only take your highest score. You might shoot a G17 and a G34, but they'll only take your highest score for the month and record it in the final totals, no matter what Glock or how many times you shoot. I usually shoot four times (sometimes five) and sometimes, I only shoot two out of the three instead of every month. I usually shoot the G17 the entire four or five times.
    Also, red dots are not allowed. Some ranges have made provisions for them, but not in the matches I have attended. I hope this helps some in your understanding of the GSSF Indoor matches.

Indoor matches are fun and call the range who is hosting it and ask how they are running it. And, by the way, good luck in your match.;)

4. dglockster

dglockster

Thanks for the information. I did call the range but whoever answered the phone could not give me any information at all - in fact, he talked as though he did not even know that a GSSF match was to be held at the range.

I've decided to go in person to see what I can learn.

5. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

"Also, red dots are not allowed. Some ranges have made provisions for them, but not in the matches I have attended"

Glocks' rules allow the use of redots- it's the range that prohibits their use...