close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indoor GSSF prize allocation

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by RoyRNC, Apr 16, 2006.

1. RoyRNC

RoyRNC

Competed in a GSSF match and won second place in B class. I also won the random drawing and receive a Glock 23. When I went to pick up my prizes I was told that since I won the Glock I do not get anything else and I should be happy with my new gun. This was my first indoor GSSF match.

The second indoor match (at another range) I once again came in Second in B Class. This time I received a nice wind breaker and a few other little prizes.

My question is whether or not my first match was mishandled? I did not see anything on the GSSF web sight about forefitting your prize if you win a gun in Indoor matches. I did hear that the range kept the prize intended for me. I wonder what Glock and GSSF thinks about ranges keeping free merchandise, etc... that was intented for contestants?

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i won a gun once at an indoor GSSF match and placed in the top 3 (don't remember where) in one of the classes. i got the gun and the prize ,t-shirt and cap i think.

3. KYgundoc

KYgundoc

This is how the indoor matches work.
    The host range buys the prize package from GSSF. The host range can give away the prizes the way they want to. I know our range would have given you both prizes. I have heard of some that give the gun and the first place awards in each class and sell the rest of the package. It is up to them. All they have to do is hold the match and follow the way GSSF set the match up to run. Give the prizes away using the the class system and the rest is up to them. I shoot the indoor matches to make me a better shot. I have come a long way in that regard and I think the Indoor GSSF matches have helped me with that. My outdoor scores have improved because of this. This last match I shot in I came in 3rd A class and got a Tee shirt. I did not shoot to get the shirt but to get better.

4. RoyRNC

RoyRNC

Thanks for the advice KYgundoc. I understand what you are saying about shooting the indoor matches as practice. I have just started with the GSSF matches and find them very fun and a great place to meet other shooters and learn from the more seasoned. However no matter what competition I shoot, big or small, I shoot to win not practice. I only think it fair that if I am good enought to place that my efforts should not go unrecognized. I don't think it is unjust of me to ask to be rewarded for my efforts. I would expect that if a range follows the prize system laid out by GSSF then I should be rewarded similarly to those who placed second in A and C class. Since it is still new and exciting to me I guess I feel a bit "ripped off." When I am at the level that another win or top 3 finish is no big deal, then I will move on. Perhaps this is my competitive nature. I just feel that equal rewards for equal efforts.

5. KYgundoc

KYgundoc

Roy
    All I can say is try a different indoor range that has GSSF matches. As I say they all give prizes the way they want as GSSF is not at every match like the outdoor matches. I shoot at out Range in Louisville and Go to Target world in Cincy OH to shoot Indoor GSSF. Have fun and keep shooting.

6. Dingus

Dingus

I understand your disappointment and would feel the same way, but you must direct your disagreement to the local range that hosted the match because GSSF had nothing to do with prize allocation.

7. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I guess it's like GunDoc says, that each one is different. I have won C Class at two ranges and have received a plaque and a windbreaker. I heard that at Target World, the winners don't get the plaque but not the windbreaker. Any way, in December, I won't C-Class at Blackwing Shooting Center (Delaware, OHio) and also won a new G19 i the raffle. I was happy, happy, happy. But actually, I agree also with what GunDoc says when he says I go there to improve myself. That's what it's all about, improving, meeting neat people and having fun, fun, fun! :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley:

8. RoyRNC

RoyRNC

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. It is shooters like you all that make it more fun for me when I compete. Now that I understand a little better, I see why these really are "pratice sessions." I feel better knowing that GSSF is not entirely involved with the decisions at indoor matches. I have nothing but respect for GSSF and Glock and am glad it is not them but the individual ranges that choose to make such unfair decisions.

Thanks again :)