close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indoor GSSF match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by JWG_34, Feb 15, 2003.

1. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Just shot my first GSSF indoor match. The match its self was good, for making you use your iron sights. Mainly it was a bullseye match on NRA-D1 targets, parper instead of cardboard. The only thing I saw was wrong is that, the indoor range that we shot the match at, was not well organized. Opening times were changed, match did not start on time . All in all it was a learning experience. Shooting in doors will make you focus on your sights better.
    Did fairly well 478 out of a possible 500.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The indoor matches are supervised and run by the local range. You just have to hope for the best. The outdoor matches are supervised by the GSSF Staff. Even then, some RO's like to make up their own rules regarding the order of shooting. Now that you've shot one, you can measure your performance and improvement against your first indoor match. The important thing is to have fun playing the game.Knowing you, you did just that:cool:

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Jeff always enjoys trigger time! ;f

4. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

That was the whole point of shooting the indoor match Jerry. I was getting a little slack on my trigger time.

5. sablair

sablair CLM CLXV of C CLM

I shot at the Indoor held today in Eugene, Oregon. I went with two friends. This was our first experience with the indoor format.

We shot in groups of five, and as luck would have it, we three shot together. The course of fire was 10 rounds in 15 seconds at 20, 75, 30, 50, and 40 feet. I shot 451 and my friends shot 345 and 317 respectively. Time constraints kept us from firing a second course, but we are planning to for the second and third shoots.

All in all a lot of fun.

Try it. You'll Like It!

6. Thylacine

Thylacine

Just shot my second indoor match and hope to shoot the third match middle of this month in Belmont, NC. We persuaded Dad into shooting and he schooled Glockhp and myself while shooting a 486/500. Only beat me my 6 points (480/500), but he is about 40 years older, wears glasses and used a pistol he'd never shot before. Served up a bit of humble pie for me (won't keep Glockhp from hearing it though). Apparently, these are much more like the competition matches in the Air Force.

I saw a considerable increase in my score between the first and second. You just gotta slow down and really concentrate on your sights. Maybe that will help a little in the outdoor matches.

Got to see Jim and some of the crew from Yadkin Co. there too. They are great fun, but I can't wait to get to Anderson and Richmond.

7. 21 shooter

21 shooter

Hey Thylacine,

It was good to get to see everyone, and it is nice to know that, just once in awhile, some of us old guys can shoot straight. I wonder if GLOCKhp has been taking lessons from some old guy with glasses? Not long 'till Anderson. I just hope it is at least drier this year. I may not shoot any better, but it won't be as muddy.

8. Fireglock

I'm not sure but I think I just took a shot. :)

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

And I don't think it was across your bow.;P ;P ;P ;c ;c

10. 21 shooter

21 shooter

Not you Fireglock. GLOCKhp's Dad is the one I was referring to. I believe he is a former Bullseye shooter, and he is just getting warmed up. At the two indoor matches I have been to, a Bullseye shooter has shot 500 both times.

Now as to lessons, I watch you shoot every chance I get. A free education for us mere mortals. :)

11. Fireglock

Ya mean the old guy's gonna spank em, eh? :)

12. 21 shooter

21 shooter

My guess is that GLOCKhp's Dad is going to impart his knowledge at each match. Of course, I am sure that Thylacine and GLOCKhp are engaged in "friendly" competition only. ;f