close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Indianapolis 2012 Photo and Debriefing Thread.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Alexd29, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Well someone had to shoot today.

Randy, help a brother out. Whats the 5tG setup?

2. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

David I will help a brother out. The 5TG is set up all the way out to 25. It depends if you pick the left or right bay, right bay starts out at the left being closest. Left bay is the opposite. Kinda a slight curve to it, close to far.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

3. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

5 to Glock II on this page: http://gssfonline.com/pdf/courses/GSSF_NEW_Courses.pdf

The match went well today, I shot OK, and got done before 11AM.....guess it rained some afterwards.....didn't get any on the South side of Indy though.

4. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Thanks guys, hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow, even though we could really use it around these parts.

Safe Travels Butch, and everyone else in the GSSF family who may be on the road this weekend.

5. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Had a good time today as usual at Indy. RO's were great as usual and the facility is as always.

6. GlockinRandall

GlockinRandall Member

Sorry David, just got to get on here. Guess you already figured out the 5toG setup. LOL. Hope you do well. I had one of those crazy, jacked up days. Had a miss in Comp and in Sub. Can't remember the last time I had a miss! Oh well, Sat. goes into the at least I had fun catagory. Got to see Butch, Edwin, and some others, that was pretty cool. It was pretty hot and rained a bit, but overall not too bad. Good luck to everyone, hope you all do well.

7. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Great time Shooting at Indy today, I got to see Jim and finally meet Butch. The RO's were all great, Things ran very smooth it was a little warm, but all in all a great match.

I had a new personal best, which im very happy with. I feel like i could have shot a little better, but don't we always. Thanks to everyone who worked and help make the match happen.

8. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

Yes today was a great day... of course my shooting getting worse by the week (my shooting at Dayton was better than Knoxville, both betteer than Indy).... Must be something wrong in my head I'm thinking..

Ran into lots of old friends and quite a few newones

And thanks again to my Dayton friends...
    That was a fantastic dinner tonite!!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  9. Vince49

Vince49 Aeroscout

Had a fantastic weekend here in Indy despite the heat. It was a pleasure to once again have a chance to both RO and compete and meet so many great shooters from nearby and around the country. It was also a real kick to win a new Glock pistol in the random drawing after the match! But the real highlight of my weekend was meeting Butch Barton and actually sharing RO duties with him on the Five to Glock! A truly class act and fine gentleman is Mr. Barton! Thank you so much for your help and the great tips Butch! :supergrin:

PS: Can't wait till the next match, maybe Lexington ?! :cool:

10. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

:dancing::dancingbanana::rollsmiley::pepper: Congrats!

That's one I normally try to get to!

It was great working with you!

Did you by chance catch a count on how many shooters shot today?

11. Vince49

Vince49 Aeroscout

Thanks Butch. The last figure I heard was 340+ but Scott was in a hurry to catch a plane and had not done a final count yet.

PS: That was 340+ total for the match and I heard yesterday that we had about 125 then so I guess the bulk of the shooters shot today. I do know we stayed much busier today than we were yesterday. Rather unusual.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  12. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Indy still remains my favorite match. It was my first GSSF match in 2004 and, I have made it every year, except 2011. I didn't shoot well. I shot fair except for ther 5 to G. I had four misses, which I've never done (one maybe, but not this many at one stage). That's not counting my Competition scores, that's just AC!! My score for the 5 to G was the same as my total match score in other years! But, I had a great time, met Butch, talked to Rusty, Edwin, Jim, shooters from Dayton and some from OHio. It was hot, but it always is this time of year there, same as Ohio. Even getting a ticket on the way home, it was a great day. Went home and had more storms in OHio, but power still on and I'm safe and sound. Keep up the great work at the Indy match. Always friendly people running that match.

13. kyglockshooter

kyglockshooter

I really enjoy Indy. Great RO's, nice tight facility and hot as hades two years in a row with lots of shade. What a great venue that I look forward to visiting each year. Saw lots of folks that are becoming friends rather than acquaintances. Thank you Indy for a great time oh and I got to shoot as well.

14. DannyII

DannyII

I have shot Indy for the last 3 years, and now that I've got the wife shooting GSSF too, I was excited for the match. Then at the last minute kind of, we ended up going to Memphis, TN to visit family. I checked, and we could just make it to the match Sunday if we left Memphis early enough. We got up at 3:30 am CST, and left at 4:10 am. That's early!

Let me just say that there's nothing like an 8 hour car ride to sharpen the reflexes, focus the eyes and steady the hands. J

We got there at around 1:15, 45 minutes before registration closed! Whew!

I like to shoot 5-to-Glock first, but there was a line at it and even Glock-M, so we shot plates first where thaer was no line. Before we left, I had installed the Warren Sevigny sights with the fiber optic front on my 34, and hadn’t even shot it yet to check the point of impact! I was hoping to shoot 5-to-Glock first, and see where they were hitting before shooting the plates. Oh, well. No mikeys on the plates, and descent times, so no complaints. We went overto 5-to-Glock, and I pasted while waiting for about an hour to shoot. I got to watch Grady Whitelaw and his boys shoot. Impressive.

My times were between 101-110 for all 3 of my entries. A mediocre day, at best.

My wife struggled a lot. Mikey was not her friend. We've been too busy to get to the practice range since the Dayton match. Apparently she may be on to something with her wild theory that practice improves one's shooting skill. Who knew? :dunno:

Still, we have the same odds for a random draw pistol, right?

We had another 3 hours to ride home after the match. It was a long day!

I'm hoping that we get a special recognition plaque in the "Drive-By Shooting" category?