Indiana Venue Cancels Gun Show to Avoid ‘Negative Publicity’

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by F14A, Mar 26, 2018.

1. F14A

F14A

Indiana Venue Cancels Gun Show to Avoid ‘Negative Publicity’

A Fort Wayne, Indiana, venue canceled one of the city’s “biggest annual gun shows” to avoid any “negative publicity” tied to hosting the event.

Fox 59 reports that Gun Slinger Promotions USA was organizing the gun show and was not notified of the cancellation until a week before it was scheduled to begin. This meant Gun Slinger had “already mailed out nearly 13,000 postcards and placed ads in National Rifleman and NRA magazines.”
    The gun show was scheduled to be held in a fieldhouse owned by RCI Development. Gun Slinger claims it had “a nine year contract with RCI to hold their shows at the fieldhouse” and that a lawsuit for breach of contract will be forthcoming.

WANE-TV reports that Darkside Armory, a vendor that planned to attend the gun show, purchased “$20,000 of products” to sell. They are now counting on a $5,000 loss.

Darkside owner Nathan Kaiser said, “It’s their right as a business to do whatever they want. I don’t think they should have violated a contract. They’re worried about something that has yet to happen and I think they’re just using that as an excuse to cancel it because politically their agenda doesn’t match the Second Amendment.”

ZX12R, B C and refugeepj like this.
  2. Taz

Taz

So what are the legal consequences for breech of contract resulting in business losses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

refugeepj likes this.

3. joeG26er

joeG26er Millennium Number 1143 Millennium Member

Wow

Seems like open and shut breach of contract

Cambo, B C, refugeepj and 2 others like this.
  4. F14A

F14A

I'm surprised this happened here.

refugeepj and happyguy like this.
  5. janice6

janice6

So a person in position of authority is displeased with the freedom of expression, supported by the Constitution of the United States, and suppresses this freedom because he doesn't agree with it.

This sounds like a simple case of a politician violating a group's civil rights under the Constitution. Simply because he doesn't agree with what they stand for and what they say.

I'm sure he would use the petty excuse that he was concerned for public safety. However, that could be used as an excuse to refuse every freedom granted to citizens of these United States of America.

It is the same as using the disclaimer that "I was only following orders". It is not sufficient to punish American citizens based on what "might" happen. He's not clairvoyant. Where is the DOJ..........

railfancwb, ZX12R, refugeepj and 3 others like this.
  6. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Let's play their game. The NRA or the promotion company should sue for discrimination or violation of civil rights.

7. norton

norton

Sad for my state. the issue is hot right now, let it cool down, the teenagers return to what they know best. Listening to bad music and trying to get in Dad's liquor cabinet.

refugeepj, happyguy and JFrame like this.
  8. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

That will be up to the liberal, Obama-appointed judge.

9. F350

F350

Born and raised a Hoosier........ Fart Wayne is in the northern part of the state and bears NO resemblance to the rest of the state.

10. thewitt

thewitt

Sue them for damages - including defamation in this case. Should be worth at least $1M in damages, maybe more.

janice6 likes this.
  11. norton

norton

Ft Wayne has a history of being a democrat city. At one time lots of union members lived there. But it's not as bad as Bloomington

12. Pluto57

Pluto57

There is a gun show scheduled here this weekend. As far as I can tell it will be held as usual.

13. F350

F350

Tell me about it; I grew up in Bloomington. But at least there once I got my drivers license it was just a couple minutes drive and I was in the hills and hollers. 1st wife grew up just 15 miles NE of town and people thought she was from the deep south.

Wife and I went back to visit friends couple years ago, read a couple days newspapers... What a liberal shathole.

14. norton

norton

Did you make it down to Story In? Its just south of Nashville on hwy 135. Restaurant there has the best damn pancakes I have ever eaten.

15. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

those organizations who take a stand against gun ownership will live to regret it from a financial point of view. they alienate half or more of their potential market.

16. F350

F350

Hoosier National Forest! Hell yea! Use to roam all over that area, buddy and I once paddled a canoe from Lake Monroe to the bridge at Story, shooting squirrels, fishing and camping along the way and his wife picked us up at the bridge. Don't recall a restaurant back in the late 70s.

17. norton

norton

It's an inn. Cabins for rent too. I took a few m/c rides down 135 from Indy to the Ohio river back in the day

18. railfancwb

railfancwb

That probably isn’t all they are trying to get into...

19. railfancwb

railfancwb

Jury trial... minimize the potential effect of gun control judges.