Independence Day Celebrations?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by FullClip, Jun 30, 2020.

1. rangerhgm

rangerhgm NRA Member

Wife and I are cooking hot dogs, bacon dogs and sweet Italian sausages over the fire pit in the back yard.....that and keep Old Glory flying in front of the house.

2. Biggy1

Biggy1

I guarantee you it will be *black on black* murder bloodbath in Chicago, New York, Baltimore and all the other Democrat run and controlled cities across our nation. No outrage, no protests there. Where is that corny ass, trouble making group Black Lives Matter, nowhere to be found in all those cities. What a bunch of pansy ass, pathetic, racist, hypocrites. Black on black murder victims do not count to them.

callihan_44 and Glock17193643 like this.

3. Will Beararms

Will Beararms Millennium Member

Any town or city that cancels fireworks shows is ruled by poozies.

4. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Cooking ribs, flying Betsy Ross, drinking on our deck and maybe talking with our neighbors over their fence while social distancing. Enjoy the Holiday. tom.

[​IMG]

G30SF/F-250 likes this.
  5. Gundude

Gundude

If we doubled their pay to ensure they get nothing done year round, we'd still come out ahead. Every day they spend doing "work" costs us big, far beyond their salaries.

robhic likes this.
  6. bfg1971

bfg1971

I've used just about every method that exists. Friction primers, percussion caps, 22 blanks, pouring powder down the vent and using either a black powder pistol or slow match to light the powder. I have used fuse but don't like it, I want the gun to go bang right on the fire command not a few seconds later plus or minus.
    To make your own slow match find 100% cotton rope and soak in potassium nitrate solution over night and let dry. It will burn about as fast as a cigarette will. Get a pole with a hole drlled through one end and wrap the slow match around it. When you swing the match to the vent the airflow will cause the cherry to glow and ignite the powder furring the gun almost instantly.

I used this method to do the 1812 overture with a dozen guns once it was awesome.

Also have you every tried torpedo powder at night? It's a marbel sized black powder that burns out to about 75 yards.

JohnnyE and FullClip like this.
  7. bfg1971

bfg1971

Absolutely use a brass punch to pierce the powder charge. Always cover the vent with a leather pad while swabbing (draws a vacuum in the tube) or ramming. And always hold the ram from below. Throw the ram into the powder charge that way if the gun goes while ramming your hand stays attached. (It happened to a friend)

Dang now I want to buy a cannon.

JohnnyE and FullClip like this.
  8. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Ha-Ha...found out that according to Dixie Gunworks I'm only using about 50% load. It's still wicked loud.

But even though the odds of sparking the charge with a coat hanger, I found some brass rod down in the workshop, and will sacrifice some of that for the touch hole journey. I'd feel pretty stupic (even more than normal) if I had a premature ejection on my cannon, especially after people have warned me about it.

JohnnyE likes this.