Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating the purchase of either a Glock 42 or Glock 43, so I can't test this hypothesis on my own, so I am tossing this out to see if anyone has tried this.

Has anyone used a standard G42/43 magazine and used both a Pierce +1 magazine extension in concert with either shortening the stock Glock follower or substituted a +1 Magguts kit?

Theoretically, this combination should allow 8+1 capacity, while staying within the spirit of GSSF rules. But more importantly, does this combination provide reliable functioning?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
1,520 Posts
I tried the HYVE +1 on two of my G 43 Mags, which give me 7+1. For me this just what I wanted, one extra round and It fits perfect in my hand and they have been flawless! I also put on fiber optic sights and Talon Grips, which makes this the Perfect defensive carry gun for me!

·
Da Da
7,210 Posts
There is a company making G43 13/15rd mags, steel, no plastic, I just saw them on TFB.

The name escapes me, but suppose to be very reliable..

Reactions: lrrifleman

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have few Pierce +1 base pads for G43 that I am no longer using, you want try it and take them off my hands?
Thank you for the offer. At the moment, I honestly don't know which way I will go: 42 or 43. Should I go with the 43, I will reach out to you.

Ed

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I carried a 43 as my EDC for several years. I used a Taran Tactical +2 magazine extension and it worked very well. Expensive, but high quality and 100% reliability (at least for me).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts