close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Inconsiderate,idiotic,gun buyers

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by gatorhugger, Mar 31, 2010.

1. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

I listed a second generation Glock 19 for sale on a local forum for $375 cash or $200 and 1000 rounds of practice ammo.
    I got some good responses, and one of the first was this guy who sent me a couple of emails to call him.
    I call him and he says "oh yeah the gun is $375 and it comes with 1000 rounds of ammo???"
    Ummmm, no I said, It isn't coming with anything but two mags.
    It's $375 for petes sake!
    This should have clued me in.

So he asks me to drive to near his house after work, we meet up, he is driving an older gaudy mercedes.
    He gets in my car, looks at the gun and says, "wow this is better than I expected, I will take it. Except I didn't bring any money. But if you meet me tomorrow after 6pm I will have the money":shocked:

I am thinking what the heck? never had someone show up with no money.
    But he seemed nice enough, I figured he must have had an emergency or something where he couldn't get the funds.
    " it's sold" he says and shakes my hand.
    "consider it sold" he says again.
    "i will meet you tomorrow at 6:20, don't sell it, it's sold"

This is the first time I have ever did a FTF transaction where the buyer didn't bring cash. So I am a little bit peaved. I can understand looking at it and just not wanting it, but he wasn't even prepared to buy it no matter if he liked it or not.

But like an idiot agreed to meet him again today. I know. Just shoot me for stupidity.
    Today, I show up at 6:20, dead tired after work, and no buyer, no mercedes. I leave him a Voicemessage, hello I am here where are you? No answer.
    I get home and I have an email from him sent an hour before we were supposed to meet saying, " hey I really liked that gun yesterday, and I will buy it if You lower the price to $350, just let me know and I will go get the money"

Something is wrong with people. And me I suppose! :steamed:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  2. 45GlockGuy

45GlockGuy

should have sold him the "gun" for 350.......then sold him the mags for extra. What a jerk.

3. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

I run into people like this all the time, selling snakes.

Once I actually drove out 40 mins to meet a guy to buy a snake, he never showed up, and I didn't have his cell number. emailed him, asking what happened, and that i waited and waited for him.

and all I got in response was "what are you gonna do about it?"

I'd give the gun away before I lowered the price for someone like that!

4. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

This is what the clown sent me an hour before the SECOND meet. If you ever get a Paul Davis that wants to see your gun, please don't waste your time.

Thanks for taking the time to meet me yesterday. If you can take 350.00 I can purchase the firearm today at the location we had talked about. If you agree to the price I will need a bill of sale with the firearm. Let me know so I can stop by and take out the cash.

Thanks
    Paul

5. gatorhugger

gatorhugger

I feel for you. Some people just seem to make a hobby out of wasting peoples gas and time.
    I won't drive 10 minutes for another gun sale.
    If they want it, they are coming to me.

6. sawgrass

sawgrass

:rofl::steamed:

Everybody wants a deal...
    I hate selling guns.
    I sure like to buy them though.:supergrin:

7. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

What a D bag! A lot of people are cheap and want to spend as little as they can. I think FTF gun selling is a little sketchy unless you know the guy. :dunno:

I am fair on the other hand and have no problem with paying an honest price for things.

8. 3glkdog

3glkdog

Don't lower the price, the guy is a jerk.

9. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I like payment made prior to meeting or see some pics first. It sounds like he was conning you.

10. quicksand

quicksand

It's people like this who have turned me into the ***** I am today. I have sold a lot of cars and tire kickers get on my nerves so I act like a jerk to them.

Example: I have a car listed in autotrader for $900 dollars and this woman calls about the car.

Dumb Biotch- "How many miles does it have on it?"

Me- "118,000"

Dumb Biotch- "Oh wow thats a lot of miles!"

Me- "No S%^$, it's ten f@#$ing years old and I'm asking for $900"

Dumb Biotch- "Oh... um, I see. Does it have any rust?"

Me- "F-Yeah! It's covered in rust you stupid biotch, why do you think I only listed it for $900!?"

After this she hangs up, and I feel great. There was a time when I would waste my time answering questions for retards but life is too short. These days I won't even start a car I am selling for someone until they show me cash. For this reason I always meet them at a bank with an ATM. They say they don't have money and I say go get some over there.

The key to selling low ticket items like clunkers or cheap guns is making time constraints, and telling them to show up with cash. And don't be afraid to be rude to people who waste your time, serious buyers won't mind as long as they are getting a fair deal.

It works for me.

11. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

i feel the same way , hell i had a kimber listed for trade last week , and you should see some of the pms and emails i got . i just decided to keep it . no wonder i have more animal friends then humans roflmao .

i generally hate people. it never fails i have to have a convo with atleast one dumbass daily. i once asked my mom did someone put a curse on our family name , she laughed , i was serious lol

12. silentpoet

silentpoet

Tell him the price is now 400 dollars.

13. TTM65

TTM65

Lucky for me I have not run into this. I have driven up to 3 hours for guns that I really want and so far I have not been bitten. I suppose that eventually I will be though.

14. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

15. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

This.

Mention that the extra $25 is a service fee for him going back on his handshake.

16. AKguy

AKguy

Yep, some people are just down right rude and inconsiderate. I've had a problem with people saying "I'll take it" and then backing out or no showing. I used to just brush it off. But it has seemingly become a much bigger problem lately.

17. okie

okie GT Mayor

What an *** wipe:upeyes:

18. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

What a jerk off.I prolly would've shot him...:smoking:

19. ctaggart

ctaggart

Come on dude, I said I'd give you $350, I think that's fair...

20. Z1232K

Z1232K Heavy Hauler CLM

He was trying to hustle you. I'd send him a special E-mail, thanking him for wasting your time.