Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
66,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Is It Wrong If I Am LMFAO About This ?" thread reminded me of this. Do you ever find yourself the only on hitting the laugh reaction on Facebook posts and wonder if your sense of humor is inappropriate, at least among civilians?

What got me thinking it was this post from Heavy.com
TwitterGuy.jpg

So I'm laughing out loud, (literally, not internetically) and I hit the "Haha" reaction but notice there are no other Hahas and mostly there are the one with the little tear or the shocked face one, neither of which I have ever used in 10 years on Facebook. Nearly all of my Facebook friends are either in the military or law enforcement or both and they'd all laugh at it.

twitterguykilled.jpg

Anyhow, still seems like a hilarious story to me and with the part about his burrito and the comment at the end, right before he got wacked in a San Francisco drive-by, it looks like it was written as comedy. It's so obviously comedy, IMO, that I wonder if it's even a real story, but heavy.com doesn't joke much.

Anybody else find yourself using "Haha" in a manner different than the civilian populace, or what?

·
NRA Life Member
66,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Title edited: "Fecebook" was just a typeo, but maybe it will catch on. It has been 3 or 4 days and I still LOL when I look at that post.:rofl:

Also, I checked out Courtney's Twitter account.

His famous last words:
CBTweet.jpg

Technically, he actually posted a crying emoji about the SanFrancisco Pride Parade being cancelled after that, which makes me think even more that the author was going for comedy when he mentioned the burrito post.

Courtney Brousseau's Twitter avatar pic:
courtneybrousseau.jpg

He apparently really loved hs little doubledecker bus pillow???

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Is “burrito” a metaphor? It is San Francisco after all.

·
Come on man!!
16,635 Posts
Meh, he thinks differently than I do about a lot of things, but he's still somebody else's kid, and I hate to think about what they're going through.

It sucks, but it's life. If it was satire, which I can see how you would think it is, it would be funny, but it's not satire and an innocent person is dead, so I won't laugh.

I won't lose sleep over it either, but you know what I'm saying.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
My sense of humor is a little skewed so yeah i found it humorous as well. The irony is amusing. Yup, things were alright till it weren’t, shoulda waited a bit to post an “all is well”.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
the only thing i use Facebook for is checking on my family. but i believe your unedited title was more fitting...

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
It's sad, drive-bys are not suppose to happen to white young gay hipsters especially in SF. Now If he OD'd on heroin or a rusting lamp post (from constantly being peed on) fell on him, we would not be so surprised.

Probably be listed as a WuFlu death. If he had just stayed home...

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
It's the flip side of the coin. If it was a friend, you would think it's tragic as he was having a good day and got killed while getting a burrito.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Nah, I've got a dark sense of humor but that just seems sad. He seemed like a happy productive member of society minding his own business.

2/10, might chuckle at prior post but feel kinda bad

Reactions: John_AZ

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
It's sad, drive-bys are not suppose to happen to white young gay hipsters especially in SF. Now If he OD'd on heroin or a rusting lamp post (from constantly being peed on) fell on him, we would not be so surprised.
Had to look that one up. That person was (barely) missed.
Courtney will be (barely) missed

·
Caffeinator
6,013 Posts

The rusting lampost comment got me laughing, but for the members who don't know, it is very true:
https://downtrend.com/71superb/publ...-san-francisco-that-it-almost-killed-someone/

·
Caffeinator
6,013 Posts
The "Is It Wrong If I Am LMFAO About This ?" thread reminded me of this. Do you ever find yourself the only on hitting the laugh reaction on Facebook posts and wonder if your sense of humor is inappropriate, at least among civilians?

What got me thinking it was this post from Heavy.com
View attachment 755326

So I'm laughing out loud, (literally, not internetically) and I hit the "Haha" reaction but notice there are no other Hahas and mostly there are the one with the little tear or the shocked face one, neither of which I have ever used in 10 years on Facebook. Nearly all of my Facebook friends are either in the military or law enforcement or both and they'd all laugh at it.

View attachment 755328

Anyhow, still seems like a hilarious story to me and with the part about his burrito and the comment at the end, right before he got wacked in a San Francisco drive-by, it looks like it was written as comedy. It's so obviously comedy, IMO, that I wonder if it's even a real story, but heavy.com doesn't joke much.

Anybody else find yourself using "Haha" in a manner different than the civilian populace, or what?
I laughed my ass off at that. Of course, not everyone will get it...

upload_2020-5-11_13-40-2.png

1 - 20 of 36 Posts