Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cowbell Glocker
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to go to the range today for a little general Glocking <snort> and to test out the new GAP baseplates on my G26 and sight in my newly installed nightsights.

First, anyone who is able to disassemble a Glock magazine without sawing it in half should get a medal or a cookie, your choice. All the instructions and videos I found on the topic only served to prove that I have the mechanical aptitude of a ripe avocado. I actually installed two of my GAP baseplates myself, but not without bending the snot out of my armorer’s tool. Pliers and a bathroom counter were also involved.

Thank god for the good folks at Glockmeister who turned a 45-minute exercise in frustration into a 45-second installation. They did a fine job installing my new Meps, too. I feel sorry for my fellow Glockers who don’t live in the Phoenix metro area and can’t take advantage of their stellar service. I’d travel twice as far to see these guys.

Before hitting the range, I picked up 100 rounds of Blazer Brass in 9mm at Wally World to supplement the 50 rounds I brought from my stash at home.

The GAP baseplates are great. I feel like I have significantly more control without exerting a lot of pressure on the magazine itself. I have yet to carry with them, but so far, I’m glad I got them. That, and my new Meps had me working on one ragged hole during my session.

The first 50 rounds of Blazer Brass I shot were from my home stash, and I thought I had accidentally picked up a box of Federal HST. These things were hot! I didn’t remember Blazer Brass being this snappy. I even checked the headstamps on my spent cases and saw the familiar CCI.

Then I tried the BB I got from Wally World. It was like night and day. They were so dirty and soft, I thought maybe someone had swapped them with Remington or WWB. I checked the headstamp, and saw…Blazer. :dunno: New headstamp, and maybe a new manufacturer? I know it’s not terribly unusual for different lots of the same product to vary, but the difference between these two boxes was like a .40 and 9mm.

All in all, I give this general Glocking day a B+. :thumbsup:

·
just me
8,209 Posts
why a B+ !!!!!!!! you got to go to the range .. you got the new gap floor plate put on all in all that is a good day A+ !!!!!!! i just put the gap floor plates on my 26 aswell and they are real nice for CCW and they went one in a flash with just the glock tool

·
Cowbell Glocker
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Cowbell Glocker
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You shot a G26 with new Meps. I think, at the very least, an A- is in order. :)
I was this close to giving it an A-, too, but I didn't want to ruin the curve for everyone else. :supergrin:

:rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts