GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
14,610 Posts
^^^ This right here OP. Pick one .
Preferably the one that fits your hand the best out of those. Just go Glock and call it a day. You can find duty holster all day for it .

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
BRAVIA 4 LIFE!
1,787 Posts
Also most Armed Security companies, except Armored Trucks, prefer revolvers.

Is that because there is a higher chance of an armored truck being robbed? (I have no idea what the statistical data is on armored truck robberies vs other robberies.) Thanks!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
The M&P isn’t on the same level, reliability wise, as Glock/sig. not bad, just not the same. I’m sure they’re getting better.

In the case of the OP, the best suited is probably one of the most economical. Easy decision.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Is that because there is a higher chance of an armored truck being robbed? (I have no idea what the statistical data is on armored truck robberies vs other robberies.) Thanks!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Yes plus most Armored Trucks robberies are ambush type. Bad guy armed with AK-47 and they shoot first. (BTW, Armored Trucks are bullet magnets so I tend to stay away from them)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
OK. Mission complete. This G48 followed me home this afternoon. I was messing around at Academy and they only had a G17, G43, and this G48. Picked up the G48 and fell in love.
You did good with Glock. Stay safe my friend. It is crazy out there.

·
Patrol Corporal
954 Posts
While I don't think that there is anything wrong with Kahrs (I have owned several), finding quality duty gear for them is going to be somewhat of a challenge.
You are absolutely correct on that. I have found it very difficult to find any specific holsters for them. About the only one I ever found was a Don Hume JIT holster. My son has my K9 now and he has a generic ballistic nylon holster, which is very bulky.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
The one and only!
The Glock 19, if you are a security guard you want something reliable and I'm sure you will want to carry of duty, the G19 is the way to go.
Maybe an S&W M&P9 4.0 inches can do the trick!

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
The M&P isn’t on the same level, reliability wise, as Glock/sig. not bad, just not the same. I’m sure they’re getting better.

In the case of the OP, the best suited is probably one of the most economical. Easy decision.
I think they ARE with the 2.0s.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
OK. Mission complete. This G48 followed me home this afternoon. I was messing around at Academy and they only had a G17, G43, and this G48. Picked up the G48 and fell in love.

View attachment 847110
My company has 'a guy' who supplies all of their weapons. My choices now are:

Beretta Centurion APX
S&W SD9VE

Hopefully, their guy has the APX in stock.
So that was a lie? Or the company changed their mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'd be more cynical, but my apathy prevents it.
838 Posts

Yeah, I noticed that too. OP doesn't want to pay Glock prices. Then it sounds like he has to go through the company's "guy" who can only provide him with a choice between the APX and the SD9VE. And then he goes to a local retailer and picks up a Glock 48, which doesn't really strike me as a duty-style gun (same height and slightly longer than a Glock 19 but with only 2/3 the magazine capacity; it is, however, typically less expensive than the 19).

Actually, the whole premise of this thread is kind of goofy.

·
The eBay Guy
20,644 Posts

View attachment 847110
Uh.... what happened to this-

My company has 'a guy' who supplies all of their weapons. My choices now are:

Beretta Centurion APX
S&W SD9VE

Hopefully, their guy has the APX in stock.
:dunno:

·
Registered
26,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

I shouldn't have to explain to anyone on here the details. Did you not read the fact that I sold a Taurus for $100 more than what I paid for it? That enabled me to have extra funds to shop around. The company supplier didn't have any acceptable, to me, gun in stock. I almost settled for the Smith SD9VE, but with the sale of the Taurus, I decided to go for the gusto for only $150 more than the SD9VE.

I can tell you that the G48 has the best trigger action of any Glock I've fire. By far.

·
The eBay Guy
20,644 Posts
I shouldn't have to explain to anyone on here the details. Did you not read the fact that I sold a Taurus for $100 more than what I paid for it? That enabled me to have extra funds to shop around. The company supplier didn't have any acceptable, to me, gun in stock. I almost settled for the Smith SD9VE, but with the sale of the Taurus, I decided to go for the gusto for only $150 more than the SD9VE.

I can tell you that the G48 has the best trigger action of any Glock I've fire. By far.
But you said- "My company has a guy that supplies all of their weapons" and "My choices now are"... This makes it sound like the company has one guy that supplies all weapons and you must use him and here are your choices. That's what anyone would take from what you said.

Very confusing... I'm done trying to figure this thread out.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
But you said- "My company has a guy that supplies all of their weapons" and "My choices now are"... This makes it sound like the company has one guy that supplies all weapons and you must use him and here are your choices. That's what anyone would take from what you said.

Very confusing... I'm done trying to figure this thread out.
That’s how I took it, but like you, I’m done trying to decode this thread, it’s a common theme with content from the OP.

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
1,174 Posts
A Kahr ANYTHING is not a suitable duty weapon for any police or security guard. The OP needs a double stack 9MM pistol, 15 rounds or higher capacity. Period.

A duty pistol carried open carry (usually) by an armed guard. Usually a double stack pistol like a Glock 17 or Glock 19 size.

The Kahr pistol is not at all suitable. None. Zilch.

Smith M&P is an acceptable duty pistol. Reliable. Affordable. Plenty of proper holster options.

The Ruger probably lacks decent holster options.

Ten round mags are not ideal for duty weapons. Should stick with the G19 or G17 double stack size pistols.
IMO, the G48 is more tha ample for a Security Officer, with the 10 + 1 Carry and two spare magazines. When I started work as a Armed Security Officer, Florida State did not allow us to have semi auto pistols and I carried a S&W Revolver for many years with 2 speed loaders. Later they did allow us to use semi auto pistols and I carried my Glock 19 with 2 spare magazines for my remaining time until retirement. I never felt under gunned with my Revolver and I shure would not feel under gunned today with my G48 with a 10 +1 and two spare mags! We are Security Officers, Not Police and have a different set of rules when it comes to everything including gun regulations. We by State Law were allowed to use our gun only in a self defense scenario just as a Law Abiding Citizen and not as a Police Officer. The G48 is perfect for this kind of work!

·
Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer
116,658 Posts

Must be nice to be rich enough to have choices. :animlol:

·
Registered
26,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
81 - 100 of 106 Posts