In response to Obamascare, I give you:

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by fortyofforty, Feb 23, 2013.

1. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

Obamacuts.

We need to refer to any supposed cuts in federal programs (with dire, scary warnings that I call Obamascare) as "Obamacuts". He proposed them. The sequester is his idea. Any "pain" needs to be attached to Obama. So, I hope the people like any Obamacuts that hit them due to Obama's failure to propose a reasonable budget that can get through Congress.

I will no longer call it the "sequester" but will refer to it as Obamacuts.

2. Gundude

Gundude

So Obama's the only person actually cutting government spending?

Who woulda thought?

3. Barcroft

Barcroft

The cuts are so small, that most people won't even notice them; but, it's good to start somewhere.

4. Toyman

Toyman

It's not a cut. It's an 18% increase in spending over last year instead of the original planned 22% increase.

5. fortyofforty

fortyofforty

It's all about perception. When Odumbo secretly orders or encourages a slowdown in TSA services or a reduction in the number of Air Traffic Controllers, causing massive delays at the airports, for example, the public will be outraged and the media will play it up. Any and all "pain" (real or manufactured) needs to be firmly attached to Obama, hence "Obamacuts".

Of course they aren't really cuts at all. And of course the government will use the supposed cuts as an excuse to reduce services and Odumbo will blame Republicans. Obamacuts. It needs to be repeated until the media pick it up.

6. Skyhook

Skyhook

In short; Obama lied---AGAIN.

7. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

And, to make things even more weird, the one thing he has come up with, that may actually cut spending, the sequester, is something he is desperately trying to credit Republicans for, and that they should be happy to be credited with, but don't want. I can't even keep up with what is going on in politics, anymore.

8. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

That's because you're not used to seeing Alinsky's tactics performed to perfection.

On tactics

For an elementary illustration of tactics, take parts of your face as the point of reference; your eyes, your ears, and your nose. First the eyes: if you have organized a vast, mass-based people's organization, you can parade it visibly before the enemy and openly show your power. Second the ears; if your organization is small in numbers, then do what Gideon did: conceal the members in the dark but raise a din and clamor that will make the listener believe that your organization numbers many more than it does. Third, the nose; if your organization is too tiny even for noise, stink up the place.

The rules

• RULE 1: “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.

• RULE 2: “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.

• RULE 3: “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.

• RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.

• RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

• RULE 6: “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.

• RULE 7: “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.

• RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

• RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.

• RULE 10: "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is the unceasing pressure that will result in the reaction of the opposition that is essential for the success of the campaign.

• RULE 11: “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.

• RULE 12: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.

• RULE 13: “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

The doddering old fools in the Republican party don't stand a chance.

9. JFrame

JFrame

Yup -- with an unhealthy dose of Cloward-Piven...

10. Gundude

Gundude

It's hard to disagree with that. Just like last year when they found themselves in the position of opposing an extension of tax cuts while Obama insisted those tax cuts be extended.

They are being outplayed at every turn.

11. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Only when forced. Looks like he got hornswaggled.

12. Gundude

Gundude

Wha? I thought it was all his idea.

So now it's a bad thing that people are going to feel pain because of the cuts? What do you expect from government cuts? Less government jobs. Less government services. That's the whole idea.

I say bring it on. You want me to suffer an extra hour at the airport? No problem. Throw everything you have at me. Stop every single government service cold turkey and you will have nothing but my gratitude.