In memory of a good friend

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by nhglocker, Oct 11, 2004.

1. nhglocker

nhglocker

Another post here made me think of Sam and though it's been years I still miss him. So I am starting this thread to honor his memory and hope others will feel free to honor their departed friends from the animal kingdom here.

Sammy the coolest cat I've ever known.

2. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

prayers sent bro. memories last forever. ;c heres to good memories and out beloved companions.

hj

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Sammy was beautiful! :)

Losing a fur baby hurts :(

4. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

nhglocker..........

When did your little guy pass??? I am sooooooo sorry as you probably read I know this subject well.......it will get easier, SLOWLY......however I find I still can't look at Joshua's pics without getting tears. Thankfully I have a couple CD's of pics of him.....they are soooooooooooooo precious!!!!

I hope that you have opened up your heart and home to another kitty.......as it sure helped me out immensely to get another.

Max did not replace Josh, in fact they are totally different as would be expected. I just could not stand to be in my place ALONE......

My thoughts are with you at this tough time.........

Joshua's Memorial Webpage link is below in my sig line, rather than post a pic of him here......

5. nhglocker

nhglocker

ATL Peach Girl,

It was years ago, maybe 4 or so, since his passing but every once in awhile something makes me think of him. I've had a few cats and one dog before but Sam was the best. Sometimes you end up with a pet whose personality matches your own so much it's kind of eerie.

Thanks all for the warm sentiments I only wish everyone can have a pet like him at least once in their life.

6. Griffon

Griffon

nhglocker,
    Yeah,it's been 2 years since my 2 18 year olds passed, I know what ya mean. Thanks
    Hope you don't mind I'm posting their photos,

7. Griffon

Griffon

Lucky, wisest man I've ever known.

8. stryfe101

stryfe101

[​IMG]
    rest in peace my furry freind.
    I got home last night around 3 and as I expected he was gone. He had spent the last few days laying in his cage having to work to just breathe. I held him last night before I had left, and told him it was ok to go,I know its just a hamster but he's been a funny little guy to have around. this has also made me think about my past pets and let me honor them here too...
    Whiley(yellow lab), Twinkie(gray and white cat), Bright Eyes(daughter of Twinkie, tan and black tortoise(sp?))and Callie(sister of Bright Eyes also a black and tan) I miss all of you still today and please look out for your new buddy Oz.

Thanks guys
    Gray

9. Mikey444

Mikey444 sacré bleu!

I bought my cat "Putz" (pronounced puts, like 'He puts the ow in meow') back in 1988 from a local farmers market for $10. We sadly had to put him down a few weeks ago, as after a bout with diabetes, he had stopped eating and was close to the end. I have one pic on the computer of him, from my brothers camera phone. This was taken probably a few weeks from the end. I will probably never get another cat. I have never seen a cat as personable and friendly as this one. I'll miss the orange hair ruining all my black clothes.