close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

In loving memory ... GSD Bruno - 10/29/2004 - 11/20/2006

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by itisbruno, Nov 21, 2006.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Bruno was purchased and trained by me for my grandfather after my grandma passed away. He was a loving, constant companion to both grandpa and I throughout his life.

I trained him, so he looked to me as the alpha ... but followed grandpa everywhere he went, keeping an ever watchful eye over him, and was his constant companion.

Grandpa walked him 3 times daily while he was able, and spoiled him rotten. Bacon and eggs for breakfast (who wants to cook for one??), daily brushings and more love and affection than I have ever seen for a dog.

Bruno lived next to a busy street, but never walked passed the curb without permission. When we stepped into the street, Bruno sat at the border of our property, eagerly awaiting permission to join us, and once we motioned him to come, he came running!

After grandpa died in February, Bruno had a 3 bedroom, 1 bath dog house, and he shared it with my sister in the daytime. At 6:00, he was sitting at the window looking for my car, and rode to his night time home, mine ... to spend his evenings and weekends, and eager to go back to his house in the mornings on my way to work.

During the last few days of his life, he had stopped eating, and was lethargic. After a trip to the vet, his liver enzymes were diagnosed as being through the roof. Prognosis for recovery was about 20%, and after spending the afternoon with the family around him, I ended his life at 5:43 pm on 11/20/2006, he fell asleep in my arms, with his head resting on my forearm.

Bruno was the best animal I have ever had in my pack, and leaves an empty place in my heart. I loved you, dumb mutt (damnit, you are my screen name)!!

He joins the remaining 2 members of my maternal extended family that died this year, my grandpa who passed at 94 in Feb., and my aunt, who lost a 15 year battle with breast cancer in May. Mom will need strength this holiday season, mine is gonna suck bad.

The tears will stop soon, once I am able to smile because he was part of our lives and get over my loss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RIP my friend, you were loved.

2. Glock_36

Glock_36 Jason

My Prayers go out to you at the Loss of Bruno. May He Rest in Peace.

3. walkin man

walkin man

There are lots of us here that have had to endure what you are now going through.

Just remember we all have your back and are here for you.

walkin man

4. prisonguardk-9

prisonguardk-9

Sorry for your loss brother. We feel your pain.

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

6. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Thanks so much for your support, it means alot!

I miss that dang dog ...

Happy Thanksgiving, thanks again for your kind words.

7. scowall

scowall

yes your tears will end soon, but you will always remember him, i had to put down a male i had for 15yrs, hardest thing i have ever done, not a day goes by without thinking of him, i miss him soooo much, i have 3 other gsd that i love dearly but still i miss him....may god bless you and help you through this trying time,,,,,in my prayers,,,,,,,scott

8. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

You are supposed to miss him now :)

I had my Alf for over nineteen years. I was eight when I got him. Some days I miss him more than others but I always miss him.

Try to eat some turkey and watch some football today.

Hang in there :hugs: