In DC with snowflakes Gad help me

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ARP, Mar 2, 2017.

1. ARP

ARP

Here's the deal, it is a make believe United Nations conference for high school kids. High school aged liberal 'efftards, today they were all giddy that Sessions has admitted to talking with the Russians. All excited about obstruction politics against the new administration.

Had one student first thing this morning instructing me where she would like her luggage loaded. As soon as she walked away, I moved it back to where I had originally placed it. Then her dad got involved and pulled the luggage out so she could sit with it all day. Whatever.

Here is something else I find not sitting right with me, the teacher running the operation. He is more like a "pal" with the students than a teacher or mentor. It kind of reminds me of descriptions of how a pedofile grooms their victims. The spidey sense is piqued. Does not feel "right".

I have a fairly low opinion of the UN. I think we should export the whole operation to Venezuela, they need the work. We no longer need to be contributing to that whole den of corruption.

Grumble grumble I hate DC.

Baba Louie and happyguy like this.
  2. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

As a rule of thumb, I have found, you'll find very few "conservative" high school kids in public schools, and those you do will more than likely be parroting their parent's POV (what else can they use as basis as their life experiences are just beginning?) as opposed to all of the teachers POVs they have absorbed in 10-12 years of schooling.
    Private schools might be different to a point.

"Instructing" you eh? Telling.

Any of them "thank you" for a safe trip?

Also, where was origin point? Big city kids, rural kids? Some differences there between, say, KS/OK vs NYS/MA kids perhaps.

As to the UN... while I concur, it is always nice to have veto power in reserve, not to mention being the BANK and Host venue even with all of the pitfalls contained.

3. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry....

I look forward to your "Tales of Diversity" from time to time. :supergrin: You have some real amusing contacts. Maybe the chillen will learn a great deal (NOT) while at the UN. They are "special", too and the little darlings should bond with them well. Maybe leave with a sense of entitlement so that when back home they'll think they are immune from parking tickets, too! I like the luggage-moving, too!!! :banana:

4. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

That's the future folks.'08.

5. ARP

ARP

Well since you asked, this morning they did Arlington National Cemetarey. Managed to visit all the important gravesites, but skipped the Changing of the Guard. IME the number one reason you visit Arlington as a tourist is to SEE the Changing of the Guard. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Doc McGlock likes this.
  6. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry....

See? There's another "Tale of Diversity" that, if it weren't so aggravating, would be amusing in it's vapidness. Glad I'm old and prolly won't be governed by these little "weenies" (you know what I mean... ) by the time they figure out running things. I DO have a grandson who is a 2nd degree Krav Maga (Israeli MMA) and shoots well. At 19 (he's 22 now) he disarmed a potential mugger, broke his face, knocked away and retrieved his pistol and absolutely destroyed the street-cred of an Ethiopian mugger-wannabe. I should train with him. I think he'll be a contender in the 'snowflake' world.