Impulse buy, Gen 2 Glock 20...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bunk22, Aug 15, 2015.

1. bunk22

bunk22

...saw it at one of my local gun stores and it was a very good price out the door. I was going to initially buy a Sig 220 in 10mm but purchased the Sig MPX instead so when I saw this one today, I decided why not try it. I like the flat grip of the Gen 2 as well or at least one that is well stippled, like my Zev Tech. Now I did add some basic stuff to it already, just to improve the trigger and what not. The stippling job that is on it is pure crap so if I like this Glock and decide to keep it, I will have to do something about it.

[​IMG]

The difference between a professionally done stippling job (Zev Tech Tier 1 Gen 3 Glock 17) vs somebody in their garage lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

It's not that bad, Bra, besides, no one will see it when you shooting it. Looks to be a PITA to clean, though, and when dead skin dries in some stippole, it takes some serious scrubbing to get it out. That's all I'd be worried about. Should be a lot of fun to torch some target with. :50cal:

3. bunk22

bunk22

I scrubbed it good lol It looked a bit dirty and the overall appearance has a good used look, character.

4. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I love the non finger groove grip. I'd 'bout give my left &%$ (arm) if Glock made that an option in the Gen 4's. Oh well, sanding block is curing it. I've done two G41's and one G17, now, all gen 4's.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

6. glide

glide Just sayin'

The DIY stipple job is not that bad. I've seen worse. I hope though you did get the G20 for a good price though. I really want a 10mm pistol but I don't know if I can justify the cost of the ammo. I like to shoot a lot but 10mm ammo prices can be prohibitively pricey locally.

7. bunk22

bunk22

That's the issue, ammo cost, and I should be able to get my money back if for some reason I don't like it. I looked at Academy, Walmart and both my LGS's today, not one box of 10mm. Online it is I guess.