Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Loving my new G26 so far, but the trigger is admittedly not as light as I'd like it to be.

I've looked at the available aftermarket parts and have elected to start by replacing the stock connector. Does anyone have experience with the Scherer connector in a gen 4?

·
Glock Sportsman
1,363 Posts
Best thing about Glocks is to leave them stock. Just get use to it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I do not like the idea of lightening my G26 trigger. While leaving the connector stock(5.5lbs), I put in a G17 trigger bar, for the smooth trigger, in my Gen 3 26. Then, with an old t-shirt and a little polish I smoothed the pull significantly. However, now it seems the pull is a little lighter than I am comfortable with. I am debating between the 8lb connector or the NY1 trigger spring.

Now I have tried this process with my Gen 4 19, and it has significantly smoothed up as well. Considering the pull was, in my opinion, heavier to begin with, it might not have the same effect over time as with the Gen 3. I attribute this to the infamous "bump" on the trigger bar. My Gen 4 has not been shot or dry fired enough to settle in and is still getting better, and may get lighter still.

My two cents would be a light polishing, but don't go crazy. Especially if this is a carry gun.

·
Registered
11,603 Posts
Hey all,

Loving my new G26 so far, but the trigger is admittedly not as light as I'd like it to be.

I've looked at the available aftermarket parts and have elected to start by replacing the stock connector. Does anyone have experience with the Scherer connector in a gen 4?
There are many good - connectors available.
1. Lone Wolf - connector tuned by Vanek.
2. Glock - connector tuned by Vanek.
3. Scherer - connector tuned by Glocktriggers.
4. Lone Wolf - connector.
5. Glock OEM - connector.
6. Ghost - connector.
7. Glockworx - connector.

Are you looking for a fair, good or better connector?
Cheapest is not best with Glock connectors.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Buy the Glock - connector and polish as per the $.25 trigger job. Google it. It will make things feel much better. But do the polishing correctly. If you do it wrong you will have a spongy feeling trigger.

I have a Glock - connector in my comp guns and they break at 2.5 lbs. COMP guns, not carry. With a little tweeking, you can accomplish great things with a Glock trigger, and it can be 100% reliable. I've never had a problem with any of my guns, or the guns I've worked on.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are many good - connectors available.
1. Lone Wolf - connector tuned by Vanek.
2. Glock - connector tuned by Vanek.
3. Scherer - connector tuned by Glocktriggers.
4. Lone Wolf - connector.
5. Glock OEM - connector.
6. Ghost - connector.
7. Glockworx - connector.

Are you looking for a fair, good or better connector?
Cheapest is not best with Glock connectors.
I'd say 'good.' I only want to lighten the pull by about 1 or 1.5 lbs; this won't be a comp gun.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,863 Posts
It is set at the factory for a reason at 5.5 pounds. Leave it be.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is set at the factory for a reason at 5.5 pounds. Leave it be.
Look, I respect the factory's reasons for setting it the way they did. However, I am exercising my right as an American to disagree with Glock's decision. I didn't post this because I wanted to hear people tell me to leave it. :upeyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Look, I respect the factory's reasons for setting it the way they did. However, I am exercising my right as an American to disagree with Glock's decision. I didn't post this because I wanted to hear people tell me to leave it. :upeyes:

My trigger improved significantly without intervention over the course of the first 1000 rounds. The $0.25 trigger job can accelerate this and helps a bit, too. Not sure how many rounds you have through it so far, but before you make drastic parts changes it might be worth discovering what the gun will mature into. Just a thought.

·
Gen4 G19 Owner
58 Posts
Speaking from my Gen4 19 experience...

I replaced the trigger/trigger bar assembly with a Glock gen3 17 smooth face trigger SP00357 (from Glock Parts). It was like $18 or so.

This improved my trigger pull a bit without doing anything else.

Then, I read/watched videos on the 25 cent trigger job. I didn't use a Dremel, but rather a Q-tip and some Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish to lightly rub the surfaces about a dozen times, then wiped off. The polishing did smooth out the surfaces a little bit.

I then applied a very, very light coat of Tetra gun grease on the polished surfaces and rubbed "dry" per Tetra's instructions (the grease is still there).

The result was a very nice, crisp and smooth trigger pull.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Speaking from my Gen4 19 experience...

I replaced the trigger/trigger bar assembly with a Glock gen3 17 smooth face trigger SP00357 (from Glock Parts). It was like $18 or so.

This improved my trigger pull a bit without doing anything else.

Then, I read/watched videos on the 25 cent trigger job. I didn't use a Dremel, but rather a Q-tip and some Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish to lightly rub the surfaces about a dozen times, then wiped off. The polishing did smooth out the surfaces a little bit.

I then applied a very, very light coat of Tetra gun grease on the polished surfaces and rubbed "dry" per Tetra's instructions (the grease is still there).

The result was a very nice, crisp and smooth trigger pull.
As much as I like the Gen 4 guns, its too bad Glock didn't just find away to do what you just did stock or at least have the Gen 3 G26 trigger bar with the serrations.

·
Banned
466 Posts
If it a carry gun, don't mess with success. You were well advised by many member to leave it alone. Do you need a building to fall on you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts