close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Improved" GSSF Prize Distribution?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by gary newport, Feb 27, 2007.

1. gary newport

gary newport

The new (improved?) prize distribution policy has been posted on the GSSF website. I'd be interested in what folks think about it. At first glance, it looks to me to be rather less generous than the previous policy, ESPECIALLY for those who attend a small match.

2. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

I didn't like when they switched from the "class" prize system and I don't really care for this one either.

3. cmzneb

cmzneb

From the GSSF message on new prize distribution:

"therefore little incentive for most of our members to participate in
    those other divisions"

GSSF- DO YOU WANT MORE PEOPLE TO PARTICIPATE???????????? Well how about expanding the area of coverage with your matches???? Adding a couple matches after a couple go away each year isn't sufficient. Traveling 8 hours to shoot a match isn't practical for many people.

GSSF could get more people to participate by expanding the amount of matches by encouraging and supporting local match organizers to put on more matches, more often throughout the year. They don't have to give away guns and cash at every one of them in my opinion. And GSSF doesn't have to be there to run them.

4. gary newport

gary newport

It appears that Don at PC had already started a thread on this topic that I didn't notice.

The Master shooters may like the new policy better, as it allows them to compete in more divisions.

I would have preferred a slight modification for the amateurs: treat Competition like A-C and A-G, since it normally has about half the number of shooters in A-C (and more than in A-G), and then pool all the amateur entries for Subcompact and Amateur MajorSub and award a Glock to a random choice. I do like allowing Masters to compete (as Masters) in Subcompact and Competition.

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i like it, it allows me to shoot more and to have more chances of winning a certificate or cash. i read it at work right before i left yesterday and am not clear if they're having an amature and master winner in Sub and Comp for a certificate or still just one certificate per class, depending on entrys. seesm like a good move to me to entice shooters into other classes since they already have the shooters at the match. from what i understand the number of matches GSSF puts on is limited by clubs wanting to host a match and clubs able to host a match. not sure i could stand it if they had many more matches unless they were all within an easy drive from home.

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well for me, the incentive was not the material prizes and it looks like the prizes will be shared over a larger base of shooters and it's conditional on how many people show up. I believe it's financially prudent, the event has been around long enough as a Sales Pitch and now it must be pursued as something that needs to stand alone. The Masters will have more chances to participate and since they are there shooting, they could now participate in two more events ...for a total of (5) categories. WE have gone from Classes of A,B,C, and D to Random awards replacing everything but the top ten in Am. Civ. ...and with the new system those random pistols will be shared and places 4th through 10th in Am. Civ. will subsidize the other events dependant on the number of COMPETITORS.

I was lucky last year and either Randomly or by drawing took (3) pistols last year...after taxes....I gave one back...and if I look at the money spent to get there well....I'm in the RED considerably. I will continue to shoot (4) categories as an amateur and NOW I could shoot (4) categories as A Master....(Maybe one day) using the same pistol....a model 17. I personally accept and like the changes...this gives me the opportunity to bring (40) loaded mags. shoot (4) categories,hopefully shoot better, and enjoy the day with friends and meet all of ya someday.:thumbsup:

7. cmzneb

cmzneb

Actually it is limited to what GSSF wants to do. Our club here in NE tried to bring a match here and was basically ignored by GSSF.

8. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

A big +1 on the first thought; been saying that from the get-go as there are many (who aren't the aficionados seen here) that own 1 Glock among many other guns and picked a long-slide of one kind or another as their range/play gun.

I've been a bridesmaid before on the scoresheet; since I'm now at the mercy of a random if I place 4th or lower in AC well... there's only 1 thing to do & like I told Butch "we got alot of work ahead" - new specs should help.
    :nsb:
    My goal is still a performance-based win - I still don't have the energy to try & do time-travel to shoot the score that puts me in line for a random win after-the-fact.

Anxious to see what the new year brings; everyone has their own perspective & mine will be different from the next person's. I'm sure at some point someone will shoot a 4th place score and find someone right below them that got compensated in some way & there will be much gnashing of teeth. This is just another case of moving the puppy's dish; there will be these :steamed:
    and there will be these :dancing:

Still I'm happy that GSSF does what they do and will continue to participate:
    - Driving hundreds of miles sharing the expenses with other like-minded misers: $000's
    - Match fees, ammo, motels, meals on the road: $000's
    - The friends I've made as an outgrowth: Priceless :snoopy:

Now if it would just get >30°F for longer than 20 minutes, practice could resume. I'm sure I'll hear all about Benning as Butch & dp177 electronically wave on their way by the house at Mach-2.
    :wavey:
    (Don't worry pard, I'll hit the gunshow for ya & snag those Victory Model grips if I see them. I know they only schedule these things 'cause they know you're goin' out of town.)

:patriot:

9. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I am very pleased that the sub-compact and Major-sub categories will have more chances for a random win. I will be shooting in 3 categories this year instead of 2.

10. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Until then you only Think you Won't like it.

If you are sure you won't like it why don't you shoot the S&W. Colt, Ruger, Sig ....... or any other manufactures matches?????

Could it be, Because There Aren't Any?:shocked: