IMPD Chief given the boot

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Kadetklapp, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

2. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Straub promised everyone, even before the mayor's election last November, that IMPD personnel "better get used to working for minority supervisors". The chief was white, he had to go. The bungled evidence, complaints of ineptitude and corrupt cops all can be traced back to lowering hiring standards, and tolerating lower standards of performance, in order to meet affirmative action goals. We've been building ineptitude, corruption and incompetence into our organizations for years...and now everyone's surprized when stupid stuff happens. Imagine that.

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

many "groups" feel that a police agency should be a reflection (representative) of the community they police (race wise anyway)..that is unfortuantely becoming more and more true everyday.

top shelf, cream of the crop? na, just settle for bottom of the barrel, after all its a reflection of the people they police.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  4. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

I hate saying this, because I know I'm wrong, and I realize this how the public's perception of LEOs gets skewed, but IMPD is the poster child of corrupt law enforcement and mismanagement. IMPD simply cannot help but cut off their nose to spite their face. It's almost comical (and very sad) how IMPD trips over their own feet. They weren't all that great before the merger, now they are just a mess. Issues with OWIs, officer arrests, and petty corruption go back a long way, I remember the news reports when I was just a young kid watching Channel 13 news growing up.

I mean, maybe it's just because it's the largest city in the state, maybe it's just the result of one-sided reporting, but Jesus people get it together! IMPD has been a source of constant headaches for that mayor's administration. I know several IMPD officers, and unfortunately, nearly all the ones I know are ******-bags. I have a guess as to why, but I do not want to start a pro vs against union war.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

I've had a LOT of interactions with IMPD/IPD. Most were work related, several traffic stops, reporting some area crimes, and even a couple I was the victim (vehicle break ins), .

I can only recall 3 times that I was disappointed in them. Once wasn't really disappointed, but shocked at a female officers conduct on a traffic stop.

I've generally found IMPD Officers (and even previously IPD/MCSD) to be quite professional.

All that said, from his public comments, I thought Ciesielski was a politician and I did not like him. I do not like Straub AT ALL. He's trying to turn Indpls into NYC.

IGF

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  6. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

I don't live there, so my experiences have been few. I went to college with several guys who later went to IMPD. Two have been arrested after being hired but one is still on the job, the others are just snobby I guess.

7. Mattz

Mattz

Agreed. I never understand this mentality, at all. If you can match the "population" by still hiring the "best" then I am all for it, but I think we all know this typically isn't the case.

8. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

yes, when you want a police department to be representative of the people it polices you get a lot of problems.

9. John Galt

John Galt Anti-Federalist

I'm not sure I follow your logic. The bad things happening in IMPD are the result of affirmative action?

Now understand I have no use for lowering standards to meet affirmative action goals (in any profession), if that is what is being done, but I don't see how it applies here. The last photo I saw of David Bisard... he was white.

10. jpa

jpa CLM

Is this about that electric/smart car cruiser debacle? The "think" car?

I'd think some heads should roll over that decision....

11. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

When organizational standards for hiring, performance, supervision and discipline are lowered to accomodate AA hires, the same standards are applied to whites within the organization.

12. Falcon5269

Falcon5269 NRA LIFE MEMBER

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! When I was hired you needed a 90's CS test score to even get considered. Than a stringent background, polygraph, physical fitness requirement, psych test, physical and drug test. Even ur overall appearence mattered. Now..... well lets just say we have gone backwards. No poly, no psych test, tutoring during testing and PRIVATE PHYSICAL fitness testing??!! WTF!!?? Wow.

13. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Ciesielski is no longer Chief, but he is still a Captain on the force; he reverted to his merit grade when he left the Chief position.

That handling of the 2nd Bisard blood vial pretty much guaranteed that some heads would roll; such a "purge" is a standard feature when things go wrong. I believe Straub will eventually get caught up in the purge backwash.

14. John Galt

John Galt Anti-Federalist

I guess you're right, the standards would have to be lowered for every applicant, not just those benefiting from affirmative action.

In other news... Frank Straub resigns.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...traub-step-down?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  15. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Straub's position here had been "delicate", but he sorta blasted his own foot with that "fifty years of corruption" line. After his replacement is installed, nobody will mourn Straub's departure.

16. Falcon5269

Falcon5269 NRA LIFE MEMBER

No doubt! While I saw more minority screw ups than white, their were certainly those caucasions who you knew should have NEVER been hired!! (And as a result got jammed up and fired on many an occassion!!)