Impact of new scoring

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FESTUS, Apr 28, 2005.

1. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Okay guys...too much time on my hands, another two weeks before I go back to work...anyway looking at the Richmond scores for 2005 vs 2004 I see that 21 shooters in Amateur Civilian were under 100 and 50 shooters in the same category were under 120....in 2004 there were 7 shooters under 100 and 20 shooters under 120....I know that there has been comment on this in past threads and I am wondering if the new scoring relates to about a 10 second reduction in time for this particular group of shooters....comments would be appreciated;f

2. SocomCen

SocomCen Millennium Member

Where are you viewing the 2005 Richmond scores? I'm not seeing them on www.gssfonline.com I only see 2005 scores for SC.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

My mistake..can I blame it on the medication? Lets correct this in reviewing Anderson 2004 vs 2005 and the numbers for Amateur Civilian ...2004 (7) places under 100...2005.. 21 people under 100..and 18 people in 2004 under 120...while 50 people under 120 in 2005....;9

4. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

How are you coming along, if you are thinking about work it must be well.

Hope to see you at Marrietta. Jim

5. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I am doing well...thinking about using this time off for something positive..like going to Waldorf;f

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

^c ^c ^c ^c ^c

7. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

Richmond was the first shoot of the year for me. I computed my scores in both of the categories I shot using the old rules, and it would have raised them by +17 in one and +16 in the other. I missed my personal goal of breaking 100 seconds (under the old rules) by a few seconds.

The paper plates were my downfall, just couldn't resist the the urge to SPEED!!!!! Cost me 10 secs for a "D" hit.

8. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Interesting 16 to 17 seconds on a Top 20 A shooter....anyone else care to share their results?;f

9. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Yep, you can say that again! Way toooo much time on your hands!;Q What was is was. What is, IS.

Pharaoh

10. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Yupper...but at least now i'm getting out to practice;f

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

;z That has more clarity than a Clinton deposition.
    Seriously, hope everything continues to go well and perhaps get a chance to meet Festus at Hallsville. ^c

12. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Actually we have to excuse Pharoah...he is contemplating some bionic surgery as well...I hope to make Hallsville this year....I feel I have a new lease on life and things that were important have changed.
    I am seriously considering Waldorf on the 14th and 15th...I am using walking sticks at present and feel that I will be ready to shoot then..

But really guys....what is the impact this year with closer targets..less penalty points and the abscence of steel....my best score is a 117 which was last year....this years goal was a 105....I feel that to break even with the scores that a 105 would be that and then the goal would be a 90???? :cool:

13. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

I've shot Anderson and Richmond this year under the new rules. My best <i>guess</i> is that in a match utilizing steel targets (like Anderson), maybe 6-7 seconds better on the average for top 10-20 'A' shooters. With the paper option (like Richmond 'sort of') if a person can go fast on the paper plates but stay under control(no penalties), maybe 10-12 seconds for the same group of shooters. Just my humble opinion.