close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Impact guns experience

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

13 days ago I ordered about 8 boxes of .45acp Taurus Coper Hex ammo from Impact Guns. They're one of these places that insists on getting an age statement before they'll sell you ammo, instead of just requiring an adult signature on the delivery.

So I make my order, and I immediately email my signed statement of age and a copy of my FFL to the address that they provide on their website.

10 days later, I've heard nothing so I inquire about my order.

"we never got your statement of age, could you send it again?"

So at this point they've sat on my $100+ order for 10 days and not bothered to contact me to let me know there was a problem. WTF?

I re-sent my documents to them, along with a *polite* note saying that I would have appreciated it if someone had contacted me when they noticed something was missing, rather than holding the order indefinitely.

I get the reply "Thanks, we have it now and we'll process your order"

It's now been 12 days, and then next day David Martinez sends me an email telling me that he needs a signed copy of my FFL. I copy my FFL, sign it and email him a copy of that, only to have him tell me he needs it mailed to him via USPS before he can process my order.

The policy on their website says that the proof of age can be sent to them via email. To me that doesn't seem like what's going on here, and it's a bit misleading. I order from the internet for speed, not so that I can be sending stuff back and forth via USPS. If an adult signature is enough for ammoman.com or Corbon, etc to be legal, why would Impact Guns need an ink-signed copy of my FFL?

In any case, I'm having them cancel my order. I can't find the Taurus Hex ammo anywhere else, but these guys really just seem like they're intentionally trying to be a pain in the as*. The first three times I contacted them, they were aware that I was proving my age with my FFL, and they didn't seem interested in getting it via standard mail until they'd had me email it to them 3 times, and acknowledged that they'd received it.

By far, the worst online transaction (or attempt at one) I've ever experienced that didn't involve some scam.

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford mmhmm

Hi- we have not rec'd the ammo statement, so the order is here on hold.
    Can you resend to this email?

Thanks,

Dave

*** I then send them the ammo statement and my FFL ***

Thanks, we have them now and will process the order.

Dave

*** Then ***

I do need an actual signed copy of the FFL.

Thanks,

Dennis

*** I failed to noticed the names at the bottom of the emails had changed - I signed and sent the FFL again ***

I need an signed copy sent to me VIA mail.

Thanks,

Dennis

*** Then, I told them to cancel the order, that I didn't see why they needed an ink-signed FFL for a few boxes of ammo ***

I think you may have been sent some wrong emails, all we needed from you
    was your ammo statement, and we got it. Your order was shipped out
    yesterday. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Dennis

*** By now, I'd already told them to cancel the order, and I'd ordered about $150 worth of the exact same ammo from another place that just added $3 to my order for the "adult signature required" sticker. I see what happened though, and why it resulted in all kinds of confusion that made it look like they were screwing with me. At least the guy had enough of a pair to apologize for the mixup. ***