close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IMHO Botach IS the Worst!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Big DAWG #383, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Big DAWG #383

Big DAWG #383 Run Fred, Run

Botach IS THE WORST.

I will NEVER again spend any of My money with them.

What good is a "good price" if you are charged for it and never receive it. Worst Customer Service I've ever experienced, and I'm 58 years young.

Ya, I'm stuid. I tryed to deal with them several times. Never again. ;2

2. mykeypaim@aol.com

mykeypaim@aol.com

Call them ..... they dont know English......
    that should tell you some thing !!!!!!!!!!!
    i went thought it as well
    GOOD LUCK..
    I HAD 1 HELL OF A TIME:)

3. bulldog18

bulldog18

What's up with Botach?

First,
    Botach said that both items were shipped together.

Second,
    Botach checked on my order, and then they confirmed that my G-21 mags were actually on back order. (Why didn't they tell me this at the time I placed my order?)

Third,
    No air service due to terrorist attack which I totally understand....(even though I ordered it ground, it only takes 3 days from CA to WA State anyways)

Fourth,
    Botach received a virus that closed down their computers so they couldn't check on my order.

Fifth,
    Who knows what's next...???

On Sept 4th, I ordered a M-3 Tactical Light and 4 LEA/Govt Glock-21 mags (faxed on department letterhead).

M-3 Tactical Light:::::$115.00
    4, Glock-21 LEA/GOV:$60.00, ($15 each)
    15% off
    shipping/handeling:::$9.30

total bill.....................$158.05

Botach sent me an e-mail confirmation number and a tracking number. Botach informed me that both items were shipped together and when I tracked the number it showed both my M-3 light along with 4 Glock mags....well to my surprise, when we (my police chief and I) opened the package, there was only the M-3 light and ZERO Glock mags. My credit card was charged
    $158.05

I called my credit card company (Discover) and informed them of my situation. Discover has been extremely helpful and they have credited my account. I've spent numerous hours on the phone with Botach (mostly on hold) and still no official word on the status of my Glock mags. If I had only known that I had to go through all this trouble just to save 15%.......oh boy-

4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Wow!

I've dealt with Botach twice in a year. Once for Peltor muffs and once for a Surefire.

Sounds like it was a good thing they were both in stock.

Never had a problem, but that's BAD business. I'll shop elsewhere in the future. Saving $5 sometimes isn't worth it.

5. AC498

AC498

I ordered a set of Trijicons for a Beretta 92 from them. I asked Botach to ship and noticed the shipping method on my receipt was "pick up". I wanted them shipped UPS. Luckily, I live in LA and drove down there and picked them up. Not the best part of town if you all know what I mean...I was packing big time when I went and was still worried.

I went right in and got them no hassle. However, it sounds as if I would have been SOL had I not lived here.

6. ParaGlock

ParaGlock Tau of Meow

Any indications if Botach has gotten their act together yet? Or are they even trying? (Given that Microsoft has been given carte blanche to walk all over consumers, I forsee a trend...)

Unfortunately, I didn't think to look here before placing an order with Botach last week. It was via Internet, using PayPal, and I never did get a confirmation... Luckily it was only $25 or so...

-- PG

7. farranger

farranger

I don't want to go into it, but I've sent them numerous emails, next step is to get my credit card company to backcharge them. I don't know what else to do, they won't even acknowledge I exist.
    SO YES, BOTACH IS TURKEYS.

8. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I TRIED to order from them. I had a question about Lithum batteries "sale item" Well no response to my e-mail question where I stated that "IF" the item was a dozen 3vL batteries plus the light for $$ I wanted one.
    Finally they replied AFTER the sale was over and would not give me the sale price. Most businesses if you state you WISH to buy IF you understand the terms/deal will honer price if their reply was late.
    I didn't realize how lucky I was.

9. allanc

allanc "Inconceivable"

I ordered from Botach once. I ordered a surefire light in black to match my Glock. (It's important to coordinate.) They shipped me one with the silver finish. I called them and they said, send it back and they would exchange it. About that same time, lots of GTers were having screwed up orders from them. I decided that since I already had what I ordered, I would just keep it. I've heard too many bad things about them to order again.

10. DaveD

DaveD Ex-Mod Moderator Millennium Member

They are the number one problem dealer! Save a few bucks and lose it all. I will never understand. Do a search here for Botach and see the grief!

11. Travis Vick

Travis Vick

Had a bad experience with Botach a couple of months ago myself. Ordered some Winchester Ranger ammo. Received a different part number, 124 gr. +p+, but NOT Ranger. From what I can tell, the ammo was about four years old! The order also included a Cold Steel knife. I ordered plain edge, received serrated edge. When I called, they simply said they were out of the plain edge.
    Caveat Emptor!!!

12. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Maybe someone should send links to these threads to them. Let them know they ARE loosing business.
    There must be a limit to number of fools like myself that didnt' know any better.

13. 40blaster

40blaster

I ordered a dot sight and they sent me an empty box. I did get my credit card credited but it was easy to see that they sent an old box to tie my funds up. Either that or somebody in shipping has a new dot sight. No more Botach for me.

14. Dump1567

Dump1567

Hey, why all the complaints. They have great prices on things they don't have in stock and will never end up shipping to you! They are extremely proficent at charging your credit card on those unstocked items. It only took me 10 calls and 2 weeks to get my money back.

15. ramius

ramius BOHICA

For the record, I will NEVER buy anything from Botach again.

I ordered an M3 light from them, and received what must have been someone else's order! I got some light sticks, some flashlights, but no M3. I sent it back, and never heard from them again. No credit on my card, no nothing.

So I got on the phone and called them. They put me on hold. I waited 60 seconds and called them again. Same thing. I showed them no mercy. I stopped asking for customer service and asked to speak with the owner. Finally... got them to credit my account.

I had ordered from them once before with no problem, but after this time I did a search and found out the Botach has the WORST record for customer service.

So caveat emptor.

16. ParaGlock

ParaGlock Tau of Meow

Thank you to the moderator for making this a "sticky" note. We need to get the word out on these morons to keep other folks from getting taken.

-- PG

17. Scutter

Scutter

As someone else here implied, everything goes great with Botach as long as the item is in stock. If it isn't in stock, they will either

- Bill you but not ship the item until much later. They won't bother to tell you one way or the other.
    - Cancel your order without telling you.
    - Ship you a different item without telling you, even if the item involved is a lower cost item than what you paid for. You WILL be billed for the higher priced item.

They've done all three to me.

18. Stickman

Stickman

There is no question that Botach has hideous service. It took me almost a full year to get my order pulled off my credit card. Too many people are suckered in by the low prices. They don't understand that low prices for things you will never get are not a bargin.

19. rrrgcy

rrrgcy

Ok, Don't beat me up but I never had a problem with Botach, Ever. I must have ordered over $2,000 plus worth of products for personal use from them in the past few years. All via the mails. That includes some major danger purchases like an Eagle Arms AR-15 trade for a new Colt CAR15A3 (ok, I admit it, they gave me an old extractor on the bolt), adidas boots, m3 light, and all sorts of doo-hickies etc. Granted, I believe that all items were in-stock, and I ALWAYS asked if they were (!), but if they told me they weren't then I ALWAYS ordered from somewhere else (gentleman, that is common sense in the firearms parts business world to purchase from a vendor ONLY if he has it in stock). Ok, stop throwing eggs at me, but I haven't had a prob with em.

"Mt. Everest or Death.. Either Way I Win"

20. straightup

straightup Member