close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IMG posting

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Alpha752, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Alpha752

Alpha752

There is a feature that I found on another board (I think it was thehighroad, but im not sure). When they attach a pict, they can then go in and use the URL from the attached pict to add it to the post using the IMG code. That way the pict is in the post with out having to host it elsware. I tried it once, but it didnt work here. Is there a way that you (Eric) can set it up to do that, or would it take to many recorces?

Thanks

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

If I'm understanding correctly, it sounds like as if someone were to attach a pic here, then open that attachment since it opens in a new window, take that URL, and paste that in the IMG and its in the post.

I guess another way of saying it would be to say that you could start a thread in here and attach your pics...open them up, and copy the URL to use in a different thread so no one would be the wiser that you're using GT as your host for the pics. ;)

Hopefully that made sense. I know its not exactly what you're saying but it would work. ;I

3. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

rcgroups.com uses the same feature. You attach the pic to your post but instead of the reader having to click on the link to open the pic, it is automatically opened and can be seen. Pretty handy in my opinion.