Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
woo woo
31,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out I have more brass saved than I initially thought, so that's a good thing.:supergrin:

·
Mad Catter
3,246 Posts
Turns out I have more brass saved than I initially thought, so that's a good thing.:supergrin:

Better to have and not need than need and not have...:wavey:

·
local trouble maker
9,139 Posts
not even a good start. But keep it up. I like to have a 5 gallon bucket full of each caliber.

·
local trouble maker
9,139 Posts
:thumbsup: ...nothing succeeds like excess. :)
When it comes to reloading is there such a thing as excess? I prefer to call it prepared. I haven't had to buy any supplies during the shortage and still have several years supplies on hand just in case.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts

Have you decided what brand press you will buy? (go blue:whistling::whistling:)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

·
2,950 Posts
Thats a good start to show that you may have an interest in reloading. Like Shotgun, 5 gal buckets of the primary calibers and coffee cans of the secondary / not yet owned calibers.

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
Nah... kitty litter buckets - 38 lbs... :)
Kitty litter... Is that what you call your brass? :rofl:

I know, it's time for me to step away from my keyboard...

Richard

·
woo woo
31,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, so I need to keep hoarding brass.
This week I plan to hunt down a press and generally get started in reloading as far as the tools are concerned. I'm under the impression that it's good to pick a label and sort of stick to it ie: Lee, RCBS, Dillion, etc.....is that true?
I was looking at the Rockchucker as a place to start....basically a quality single stage setup where I can easily oversee each step in the process, a quality over quantity kinda thing.
I plan to start with .38sp since it's pretty forgiving and a favorite of mine.
Input is sought here from you guys, even mindless drivel. I don't have much space where I'm at, and the break room at work has no place to clamp a press, so large scale stuff is out. Just a good starter setup that doesn't hog space.

·
Decap Pin Killa
18,083 Posts
Ok, so I need to keep hoarding brass.
This week I plan to hunt down a press and generally get started in reloading as far as the tools are concerned. I'm under the impression that it's good to pick a label and sort of stick to it ie: Lee, RCBS, Dillion, etc.....is that true?
I was looking at the Rockchucker as a place to start....basically a quality single stage setup where I can easily oversee each step in the process, a quality over quantity kinda thing.
I plan to start with .38sp since it's pretty forgiving and a favorite of mine.
Input is sought here from you guys, even mindless drivel. I don't have much space where I'm at, and the break room at work has no place to clamp a press, so large scale stuff is out. Just a good starter setup that doesn't hog space.
The Rockchucker kit is a great place to start. You can mix and match die sets. Long as the software between your ears is up to speed, the brand of hardware isn't critically important. I still use my Rockchucker on all rifle and many pistol cartridges. :thumbsup:

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,516 Posts
...I don't have much space where I'm at, and the break room at work has no place to clamp a press, so large scale stuff is out. Just a good starter setup that doesn't hog space.
Oh-oh... don't use Hoser as an example then.

Me too. Melvin stays busy. Nice thing about them kitty litter buckets is they're stackable. :thumbsup:
They stack, and they're squarish instead of round so use space more efficiently. Not that I need a lot of space for my brass... :shocked: :)

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,516 Posts
... I was looking at the Rockchucker as a place to start....basically a quality single stage setup where I can easily oversee each step in the process, a quality over quantity kinda thing....
Ahh, I've got no time for quality. Places to go, matches to see! :embarassed: :tongueout:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts