I'm thinking...I'm thinking...get a G44 or not...

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 13, 2020.

1. ken grant

ken grant

I love my G44 and shoot it the most even though I have many other .22's.
    2 ea. AA kits for G19/23 , AA kit for 26/27 ,AA kit for G30 & AA kit for 1911 .
    Ciener kit for 1911 , Ciener kit for AR15 , M261 kit for AR15 & CMMG kit for AR15 .
    Ruger 22/45 . Ruger 77/22 & 2 ea. Ruger 10/22
    GSG 1911-22 & Colt 1911-22

Now if I just find plenty of .22 ammo ! Everywhere I have checked seems to be out .

2. crackedcornish

crackedcornish

if fed (CCI) and (dry) lubed properly, I find that the AA Glock based kits that I have are all very reliable and accurate

of the different Glock frame sizes that I have, shooting 22LR out of the subcompact framed conversion is quite fun

I like them so much, that I've actually moved them onto some Poly80 frames for them to live on...still need to finish the frame for the G20/21 kit that I have...the only issue I've had is that I've broken the black plastic from the front site on the compact model somehow
    [​IMG]

3. DrewBone

DrewBone

So 'Doc, did you get the G44 yet? I'm interestesd in hearing what you think of it.

Doc Holliday likes this.
  4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Oh yes, had it for a week or so now...finding time to go shooting is a whole different animal, though. I'm waiting on my ProMags to arrive, along with a lighter mag spring to test in them.

5. HCSO29

HCSO29

I was a Paramedic in NYC in my younger years, initially covering the Times Square area of midtown Manhattan. One morning we had a call for a shooting on 6th Avenue. Found a guy with a .22 that had entered one side of his head and, if I remember correctly, came out the other side. If it didn't exit, he was still very dead and the bullet was within his cranium. Not long after, we had a call at a midtown restaurant for a "sick". We get there and find a waiter sitting at a table. He complained of a really nasty headache. When we asked him how long he had the headache he said "Since I got shot!" Yes, indeed! He had been shot in the side of the head but this bullet traveled under his skin and was sitting on the other side of his skull. Other than the headache he appeared fine. We took him to the E.R. for treatment and he was fine eventually. Same caliber, different angles of penetration, drastically different outcomes. Go figure!