Glock Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am feeling that as I get older the personal fitness level slipping away. My average times on my bike are down, but just in general I can feel it slipping away from lack of activity. I want to avoid the rounded back and shoulders old man slump. I'll do what I can and not injure myself.

I'm doing a carbine course in about a month, I want to have a bit of PT under the belt before I do the course. I read I think on GT somewhere the standards for FBI Agent age 50-59......24 situps in 1 minute, 13 pushups no stop, 300 meter sprint 83 seconds, 1.5 mile run 15min15sec. I have not run any where for any distance since I can remember, I know I felt uncoordinated and out of control the last time I did, might have been a picnic or something, really felt weird. Anyway, the FBI standard is my goal in 30 days. Note: Did athletics in college, post college did extensive endurance cycling and still ride, lift a bit. I tried the situps, that is going to take some work, pushups were okay, need to work a bit more on the form. I stopped running a long time ago to save my joints and went low impact about 1988, with bicycle. I'm more curious how far I could run or jog in the times I provided. I'll keep the forum posted, I may test tomorrow the base level running fitness.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.