close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm such a loser, keep track of your mags!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glock Dave, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Glock Dave

Glock Dave

I can't believe what I did this weekend at the Long Island match. I was having a good day with my subcompact gun and was finishing off at the plate racks. I'm shooting a string when all of a sudden the slide locks back with 1 plate still standing and I'm kind of dumbfounded. I had a couple of misses but I should have had more rounds left. Apparently I lost track of my mags and didn't fill it all the way or grabbed a partially full mag. I shoot 3 categories and usually have 20 or so mags with me. I have been practicing and was on track to have a pretty good score. Now I have 10 seconds added which pretty much kills my chances of winning. If it costs me a win then I will never forgive myself. Bottom line, keep track of your mags and double check everything!!!

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Ouch!

Now that hurts! But don't feel alone. I am qite sure there are a few hundred out here that have done that once or twice. We all no who we are.

Pharaoh:supergrin:

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i load all my mags at home, easy for me to get 10 rounds in each one. then i rubber band 3 together for 5TG and the M and 4 together for the plates. that way when my bag is full of empty mags i can find the full ones without looking or thinking about it.

4. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I either load them at home or when I get there and I have about 21 of them.

I have them in a canvas "DVD or CD" holder bag that I got at a garage sale. I also have an empty canvas bag like they use at a bank. When I use a mag, I throw it in the bag. That way I only have loaded mags to grab from the zippered bag. When they all are in the bank bag, I reload if necessary for other categories or events. I think ede's idea is great also, and might have to try it. Before I leave a match, I count my mags to see if they're all there.

5. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

I use I-Shot mag pouches to avoid this problem after I use a mag it goes into the bag so only loaded mags are in the pouches.

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

remember Waldorf is in Md.

7. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

I use a variation on this theme, I use quart size ziplock bags. Easy to see which ones are which, works well.