im still not sure between a d200 and a f 6

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by spober, Mar 31, 2007.

1. spober

spober Guest

you can buy arguably the best and never to be bettered nikon f6 for what a digi d 200 slr runs.

2. ponykilr

ponykilr Off The Porch

Film will never die, but for me the cost and hassle of film have made me a digital convert for life....until something better comes along....maybe plasma wave generation imaging or something equally crazy sounding.:supergrin:

3. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

I am sure this discussion will continue for many years, but unless you control every step of the analog process pedantically (no outside labs unless they are of highest professional quality - can you spell e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e?), and unless you are willing to spend good money for the final output, you will get much better results and control with digital.

If absolute, no-compromise quality is desired, you can get Linhof Master Technika with 4x5in negatives, do a drum scan and blow digital away, but the cost... not for me.

4. krinkov

krinkov Shutter Maniac

Nothing bad with film only that you need to be well-equipped with film scanners and digital imaging software which could definitely compound cost exponentially. More importantly, you will need to find a good lab to process your film to get the best possible results when you start converting images to digital files. This process you will do time and again for the lifespan of your hobby or profession.

I've been a professional photographer shooting film for more than 25-years and as the costs started to skyrocket, clients became more scarce. I've only gone digital last year and I've already gotten some payback.

Honestly, I don't quite understand why Nikon came up with the F6 knowing fully well that digital was going to be the trend right after the release of the F5 in 1996.

5. spober

spober Guest

point well taken.however,my photograghy is is 100% complete incamera .I seldom minipulate my neg. anyway.the ocasional image that i do minipulate is another game altogether.
    if im looking to minipulate an image at this point i will digitize (scanner threw computer)and have at it.
    IMHO to minipulate and screw with each and every image,well im just not intrested in all that.im intrested in shuffling threw my pictures and finding the treasure recorded threw my technique as a photogragher.period!:banana::banana:

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

This is my goal, too. :wavey:

Now, whether I ever achieve that goal is another thing :rofl:

Regardless, I am having fun :supergrin: