close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm starting, too

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Eagle78101, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Eagle78101

Eagle78101

I can't fit into any of my favorite clothes, I look like a whiskey barrel and I tire all the time. Enough already!

I know it's only January 2nd, but I've stuck to it for two days and beleive it, it's a good start. Two long walks each day, diet sodas, plenty of water and light snacks. I *did* have a BigMac for lunch, but I didn't have two cokes, and I didn't eat the fries. And I usually have the entire Big Mac meal, two cokes, and cookies.

Keep me in your thoughts, fellow dieters. Here we go.....^~

2. BCR

BCR BIGASS!!!!

Good for you!

Stay positive, stay motivated, stay active, and cut out that NASTY food and make it happen!!!

Good luck.;)

3. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35 Millennium Member

I cut out all sodas and lost 20lbs pretty dang fast.

Especially the diet sodas. Eliminate them and see if your improvements don't speed up.

4. Eagle78101

Eagle78101

Yeah, diet sodas have high sodium in them, and sodium helps you retain water. I've cut out some diet sodas, and substituted water. Healthier.

Day three and counting...

5. bunch_G17

bunch_G17

You can and will do it. Water Water Water

Screw 16.9 oz bottles of water, I buy a lot of 1 gallon jugs and drink two a day. I eat sushi 2 times a week and a lot of South Beach diet frozen dinner so my sodium intake is really high. The 2 gallons knocks all of that out.

I eat 6/7 meals a day and cheat every week and I'm doing fine. **** Luck man.

Here are some before and after I just threw together

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bdcochran

bdcochran

truly, no diet sodas. Diet sodas have a triple effect. They wash out the potassium and magnesium. They cause bloating and excessive liquid intake. They ruin the teeth.

Not even light snacks.

A girlfriend keeps a bowl of fresh, raw vegetables in her kitchen on the sink.

I go to Albertson's, buy the $6.99 fruit bowl of three cut mellons. I live it out on the sink all day and snack on that when I pass by.

Does it work? Yes. Three months ago - 230. Now 197. 6' 3/4".

7. Eagle78101

Eagle78101

Today was really hard. We had to put "Meet the Staff" pictures up at work and mine was horrible. Unfortunately, it was a group shot, and the short people like me had to stand in front so it's really obvious. I left work feeling humiliated and bitter. For the most part, I've been enjoying the challenge of getting through the day without Big Macs and chocolate, but today it was a grind and really hard. And I understood why some people really resent "shutter bugs".

None the less, I am continuing. I know some folks would have said "s**** it, I give up. But I think I'll keep going. Other folks endure greater humilation than me, and they succeed, so I want to succeed too.

^~

8. Eagle78101

Eagle78101

3 slices and a large soda. Darn. I figure two slices, once for each boob and the third slice probably went straight to my butt. ;1

9. DBradD

DBradD

Hang in there dude. If you usually stay on track, one bad day doesn't make a hill of beans, let alone one bad meal.

Remember that it takes over 3000 surplus calories to make a pound of fat. Your meal probably didn't have anywhere near that. If your other meals were normal that day, then you probably didn't blow it by much.

Over Christmas, I had a two-day period where I blew it and didn't gain any weight that stayed more than a couple of days, probably excess fluid, etc, mostly.

DBD

10. Eagle78101

Eagle78101

Thanks. I am going to go exercise tonight and that'll help. :)

11. DBradD

DBradD

Exercising Saturday night, while others are out goofing off -- I'd say that's back on track!!

DBD

12. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35 Millennium Member

Write down your goals. You will achieve them.

13. Eagle78101

Eagle78101

Had a bad day yesterday. Drank a lot of cokes. I wasn't used to them anymore and my body went nuts. Wired like a nut for hours, and then crashed. Woke up feeling awful.

Whew! Taught me a lesson. I'm having one small coke per day, and no more. ;P

14. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Agreed.:)

Bicycling helps me the best.

15. bdcochran

bdcochran

Ditto on sdoas, sugared and non sugared. Incidentally, the diet sodas do rot your teeth according to my endodonist. And just because something doesn't have calories does not mean that the substances in the diet soda will not combine with other substances and eventually cause you to gain weight - like bloating. Wait for the class action lawsuit some day by people who claim that they were never told that diet sodas were bad for their health.

16. Christine

Christine

Don't let a bad day ruin your motivation!

If you haven't started already use a food and workout diary....this will help you track your progress....

I've kept my workout journal for 2 years now and when I have a bad week and start getting down on myself for not working out enough I can look back and see I still average 3-4 workouts a week and then I don't feel so bad.

Food is still my biggest challenge...I work on portion control ALL THE TIME and still fail more often then I'd really like to admit, but I've come to realize that it's ok too, as long as I keep trying.

Getting in shape, losing weight, improving our health doesn't happen overnight...just have to chip away everyday that way you can look back and see the progress! Good Luck!