im sold on it ,glock 20, now tell me the what else i would need

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by datruth, May 6, 2007.

1. datruth

datruth

I have been using this site for most of my firearms info but i think, naw i know i want a glock 20, but what else would i need for it, would i need a different guide rod, or springs to shoot the "normal" not the watered down ammo that i keep reading about. Is it expensive to shoot and ammo wise other than double tap what other manufacturers make the full power/range loads for the 10mm. If i was using this as a sidearm for woods/hunting or home protection what is the pros and cons of a extended barrel, that me share in the wealth of knowledge this site has, inform me of everything about my next purchase glock 20, and is 460 b/f tax a good price for one new, thanks god bless:)

2. DanMartin

DanMartin

Shoot that big ***** of a handgun. That's all you need for now.

3. Glockman454

Glockman454

The price seems good to me. I would shoot DoubleTap ammo for personal protection. 135gr. Noslers for indoors and 165gr Golden Sabre or 180 gr. Gold Dots for outdoor personal protection. For woods carry, maybe 180 - 200 gr. FMJ-FP I would get a stainless guiderod and I prefer a ISMI flat-wire recoil spring 20 pounder. Some say go with a 24. I have a 20 and 22lb and I say 20 to be sure the gun cycles since it will be used for personal protection as you can't afford a malfunction. I have never had a problem with the 22lb but since stock is a 17lb my opinion is a 20lb gives you decent improvement without drastically increasing the resistance. And top it off with good night sights. You will like it. I had a Jarvis 6" barrel and it was a good improvement on accuracy. I had no complaints on it at all, except it made it even harder to conceal as the G20 is fairly large anyway.

4. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Get a Advantage Arms .22 Conversion unit, a great holster, I use Tucker Gunleather and Sidearmor, and DT ammo.

Then go shoot the heck out of it, have fun, it is a fine tool.

Buy more ammo, shoot more...

Get the picture?

:cool:

Oh, yeh, the AA Conversion...well worth the money...

The looks you get at the range when you shoot some 10mm, switch to the conversion, and pull this full size Glock out and it goes "Pfft!" are priceless!!

5. LAK Supply

LAK Supply Guest

Don't forget the Mech Tech conversion...... G-20, .22 conversion, and carbine conversion...... that's one hell of a survival package!

6. kn38ms

kn38ms Glockaholic

I have the G29 only because the G20 was a bit large for me.
    However, I did install a Hogue rubber grip to help he hang on
    to the 20's large grip. You may want to give the grip a try.
    Enjoy the 20' and buy lots of DT ammo. Long live the 1 centimeter!

7. duncan

duncan Lifetime Member Millennium Member

8. cookand

cookand War Eagle!!

A 6" barrel. I use storm lake, but any of the big boys will do fine. Why not get the full velocity, right? Enjoy!