I'm scared.......

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Von Hayes, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Adjuster

Adjuster

I am personally well know for this way of thinking. My go to is 'excellent'. I am always excellent and somehow that makes excellent things more likely to happen around me. I am surprised how well it works.

/

NMG26 likes this.
  2. John_AZ

John_AZ

Wow Von. I thought of all people, you would know the answer to cure your anxiety.

Quit smoking the tobaccy and start smoking the whacky

nrajeff likes this.

3. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

Went and checked out the new place today...

......they got back to me and said best they could do is a two bedroom for 1850........that's 350 more. So I got the unit number and went and checked it out.

I like it enough that I'm gonna do it.......its not an ocean-view or anything, and the balcony is not huge......but its a top center unit, and the view is gonna be pretty nice (seems to be west-facing.....I like sunsets). I even got almost all the way home and drove back to make sure theres no obnoxious streetlights at night......

.......that was uplifting.......I needed that....its a lotta bread, but life is short, I don't have to worry about repairs, etc,, and it's close to work if we end up goin back in....

......I needed that......car ran good too, front rotors are warped.....but that can wait.

....I'm much better now......started this thread at the end of a 4 day stretch on 12 hr overnights.......which tailed into Monday morning, meaning I was most busy right at the end....

....thanks for the kind words, all......BTW.....no signs of trouble anyplace I went today.....

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  4. NMG26

NMG26

I always went with "perfect love casts out fear".

Get your mind off of yourself and how you can be of help to others.

This grows on you. It takes on a life of its own. God is love.

Westexas, nrajeff and lazarus66 like this.
  5. Dynactus

Dynactus

The time is drawing near for all men that love America to prove it. They can prove it by voting correctly, supporting businesses that support Americans, and not standing down to the Communists that are insidiously gaining ground every day.
    This video from the movie "Patton" represents a good example.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrtS2_TfbeY

IndyGunFreak and Von Hayes like this.
  6. Out West

Out West

Maybe smoke more? It just might be a preordained destiny that you are f'ing up by even considering to stop smoking.

MrGlock21, nrajeff and Von Hayes like this.
  7. G-nineteen

G-nineteen

Look at the last word in your post (Buddha) and do what he did: meditate. Peace brah.
    And cut back the smoking, drinking, and gambling. I'm sure there's a Skynyrd song about those things.

8. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

That's how I quit.

9. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

MrGlock21, G19Tony and nrajeff like this.
  10. Andy P

Andy P

Do not tell us you didn't take any pictures to show us. We must see the place before you move in, otherwise it is impossible to judge the.. aheem.. premises.

11. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

Just looked at the outside........inside I'm sure is fine....didn't take pics.....

Andy P likes this.
  12. Speleothem

Speleothem

Switch to cigars.

Von Hayes likes this.
  13. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

14. nrajeff

nrajeff

(Green Dragoon said:
    What are you scared of?)

I don't want to be the GT rule Nazi or anything, Von, but if you do die, the rules say (its official name is the Dave the Hiker Rule) you have to have a dollar bill, or some similar paper currency, placed next to your dead body for scale purposes, and the photograph uploaded to the forum so we can evaluate it.

Sorry, but rules is rules.... :)

15. bucky_925

bucky_925

16. Maine

Maine

17. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

Volunteer to work at a church soup kitchen. You will realize how much you have to be thankful for.

18. sourdough44

sourdough44

The virus is becoming so yesterday. I’ve always been good at tuning out background noise, today is no different.

The boat is ready for fishing, the motorcycle is gassed up. I also have my 2nd prairie dogging trip(this year) out West lined up, ammo ready. Let the circus roll, I won’t be participating.

nrajeff and Von Hayes like this.
  19. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Chicks dig scars.

Play Hockey do ya? If ya don't ya should. Playoffs coming up (they say). No fans allowed to watch live tho'. Scared of... something.

But like I said, Chicks dig scars...

Go for it.

20. Von Hayes

Von Hayes

If we can go together, I will. See if ensign Glass will letcha....he can even come with.....

....they're tryin to shoehorn me into a other unit.........I took another drive out there........this unit they wanna give me is also top-level.....overlooking a courtyard.........but at the bottom right is the office.......and across the courtyard is a higher unit.

That said, the view of the sky was still decent, but nothing like the other one......the other one faces outwards......and would be waaaaay more chill.......

.......anyways, they were tryin to tell me how everything is brand new in this one, it'll be ready immediately......the other not till end of July (it's been trashed....she said.....and something about they musta had a kid and superglue......), anyway,...this would really mess with my timeline and whether I have to talk to current LL again.........I really dont want to have to ask for more time......

......so i saw someone in the office.......she cracked the door and we spoke.......told her i liked the first one a lot more......she said she would try and work some magic and get that one ready quicker........soooooo......fingers crossed.....