close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I'm saying it, GO HAWKS

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by winglock, Jan 6, 2010.

1. winglock

winglock

Iowa Beats Up Georgia Tech; Finishes 11-2
    January 5, 2010 by cubsnet
    The Iowa Hawkeyes just beat the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 24-14 in the Orange Bowl to finish the season 11-2. Iowa didn't lose a game all year with Rick Stanzi at quarterback. They will finish in the top 10 and start there next year, given that almost everyone on the team returns.

All we heard about in the month leading up to the game was Tech's vaunted spread option rushing attack, yet Iowa shut it down and actually outran Tech 172-143. Iowa did not allow a play longer than 16 yards. The defense was excellent.As usual, the offense was good and came up with several big plays. Dating back to November 8, 2008, Iowa is 14-0 when Stanzi starts and finishes a game.

This Iowa team was really, really good. Almost great.]

2. Descendant

Descendant

Congrats on your Hawkeyes victory! :cheers:

The Big Ten is doing well this bowl season.

Go Buckeyes :supergrin: and go Big Ten.

3. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Yeah...I'm waiting to hear what the talking heads excuses are about the B10 still being down. Two BCS bowl wins, a Capital One bowl win over all that "SEC speed," Wisconsin beat Miami, Northwestern took Auburn to OT and came 5 yards from winning it, and Minnesota only lost by a point.

Penn State first, B10 second. Except for Michigan. I hope they are mired in the basement for eternity.