Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Use it up, throw it away
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the girls to the range yesterday. For my 19yo daughter (adopted niece) it was her third time shooting. Before that we have been using 38 sp. with somewhat tame loads.

On her second mag she was hitting a 12" x 16" plate three out of seven times and soon was ringing it no less than six out of seven times. The wife was hitting it easily too. It was only 75 feet away but another shooter took notice of how many times she was ringing it. My daughter had never touched a gun before we adopted her.

It also ate up all of my cheapo reloads. See this thread:
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/model-21-not-going-into-battery.1687306/

I know I'm proud of her and I'm tooting my horn but it's obvious why my other Colt Gov't is the nightstand gun.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
When I have a session on the range where I'm not killing paper as well as I'd like with my polymer pistolas... I'll usually get one of the 1911's out of the range bag and make it right.
Usually the chicks would make a statement like, "This is a .45 Colt? I thought it supposed kick a lot more?!!"

Many times I wonder why I don't own anything else but 1911s, until I carry one all day and my back reminds me why.
3" Defender, baby.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Usually the chicks would make a statement like, "This is a .45 Colt? I thought it supposed kick a lot more?!!"

3" Defender, baby.
I do like my Defender a lot. Easy to carry, Makes a big bang!

·
Director of civil unrest
11,340 Posts
I took the girls to the range yesterday. For my 19yo daughter (adopted niece) it was her third time shooting. Before that we have been using 38 sp. with somewhat tame loads.

On her second mag she was hitting a 12" x 16" plate three out of seven times and soon was ringing it no less than six out of seven times. The wife was hitting it easily too. It was only 75 feet away but another shooter took notice of how many times she was ringing it. My daughter had never touched a gun before we adopted her.

It also ate up all of my cheapo reloads. See this thread:
https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/model-21-not-going-into-battery.1687306/

I know I'm proud of her and I'm tooting my horn but it's obvious why my other Colt Gov't is the nightstand gun.
That's great stuff right there!

I taught both of my girls how to shoot and bought them both their first guns. My Wife(since 2015) is a gun junkie now too. She has an RIA .45 Full size, a gen. 3 GLOCK 17, a S&W Shield 9mm and an AR15. I've personally seen her fondly caressing her 1911 before. Made me hot!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

I taught both of my girls how to shoot and bought them both their first guns. My Wife(since 2015) is a gun junkie now too. She has an RIA .45 Full size, a gen. 3 GLOCK 17, a S&W Shield 9mm and an AR15. I've personally seen her fondly caressing her 1911 before. Made me hot!
Obviously, the blue pill is not required at Grandad's house :drool:

·
Use it up, throw it away
10,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Nice!
I asked them just today when they wanted to head back to the range. My wife asked me if this time it will be a rifle day there. (AR15, HK91, M1A, SIG556)

Glad I have lots of ammo!

·
Enigma
2,783 Posts
I prefer more capacity than a 1911, more bullets is better (whether "needed" or not).
I've tried various Glocks, seeking greater capacity.
But for strong side IWB 1911's are the "best" for comfort, an important variable.
10mm offers an additional round capacity in 1911 platform.
Therefore, a 1911 in 10mm is the "best" for me. :cheers:

Reactions: Rellik and 1L26
1 - 20 of 30 Posts