I'm Really Depressed

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Captain Caveman, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman a.k.a. DaReaper

Please help cheer me up. Last night my Paint mare died. She was an older horse, but still only 22. Were not sure why, right now were chalking it up to old age. Even though I only owned her for 5mo, I'm going to miss her terribly. I could throw the lead line over her neck and she would follow me anywhere.

Her name was "Enuf is Enuf", but we just called her "Grandma".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. G27Chief

G27Chief Lifetime Member

Dang buddy I am sorry, that is a pretty horse. 22 is still kinda in the older bracket, but she looked younger in the pics.

3. Platz

Platz

So sorry to hear about your mare. She was beautiful, and at 22 still had many years left to live. Most common killer would be colic - in my experience. Did it look as though she had been thrashing around at all? Without a necropsy, it would be hard to know what really caused her death.

I have a 5 yr old TB and can't imagine if anything happened to him. Having been through many deaths over the years with friends horses, it's always a hard thing to adjust to. Unfortunately they are often taken very quickly and unexpectedly. Just know that whatever happened, she's healthy and happy now and no longer in any pain.

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

:hugs:

I know nothing about horses but she was very pretty. I do know about loosing animals in my life and it hurts. Five days, five year, five hours or whatever, it still hurts.

5. SARG

SARG

Sorry for the loss.
    Think about another ASAP. As with canines.... they can't be "replaced" by another. But another can ease the hurt and give you a focus while healing.
    Been there ...Done that.

6. Captain Caveman

Thanks everybody...The words of encouragement help alot.

It looks like she just laid down and went to sleep. No signs of injury and no thrashing. She just got tired. We could tell the other horses knew what happened. Especially my wifes arabian gelding.

I was offered another horse last night from the people I got Enuf from. This one a registered GREY paint mare. Very unusual markings. Pictures to follow soon.

7. Los Suenos

Los Suenos JSC

I'm sorry for your loss brother. She was beautiful.

8. Zonny

Zonny

:hugs: :hugs: So very sorry or your loss. Did you not recently post that she was with foal?

9. Captain Caveman

We thought she was, but the test came back negative.

10. Captain Caveman

Hey all...Just thought I'd let you know, since you were so kind in cheering me up, that I secured a new horse over the holiday weekend.

She's a 2yo Shire/Quarter cross. At 2 she's already about 15.1 tall and over 1300lbs!!! She's gonna be a BIG girl. Great ride and eager to learn. Her name is Alex.

[​IMG]

Once again, thank you very much for the kind words.