Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But what the hell.. its tax season.. as of right now this is what i have

smith lower
ergo grip
Stag LPK
milspec tube
magpul trigger guard
and a couple mags..

i know i SHOULD get a bcm upper.. but im getting married soon and really cant spend as much as i want on a upper assembly.. my tax return was 1200 i need to put up 500.. so that leaves me 700..

id like to get the upper BCG rails and sights for this 700 i dont need the optics right know i wanna get to know my gun before optics.. so what are my options? i wanted a 14.5 mid length BCM upper with a BC 1.5 attatched and DD rail but i know thats way over my head at 700$

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i tottally missed that DD sale.. just didnt have the funds.... all i know is i have a can of ammo and a lower lol

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
yea i tottally missed that DD sale.. just didnt have the funds.... all i know is i have a can of ammo and a lower lol
I feel you man. I have 1500 rounds and a brand new DD but its crazy cold outside. We have a 100yd indoor range in town but I dont like shooting there.

Whatever you end up doing make sure its what'll make you happy. Ya spending a couple grand on you're ideal AR is cool. Seeing the look on her face when you surprise her w/ whatever you have planned for the wedding is much better.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i mean ill be tottaly honest..This is my plan for the ar...

Range
Outdoor / Playing around Target.... 100-300yd max..
POSSIBLE Class... MAYBE Idk i dont have anything near what id need for a class....

My old ar was a CMMG lower on a DPMS Hbar Upper.. i got off of JSE for 400 complete with BCG and it never malfunctioned... then again i never really sat down and zerod it in before i sold .... that being said. what would you suggest?

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
i mean ill be tottaly honest..This is my plan for the ar...

Range
Outdoor / Playing around Target.... 100-300yd max..
POSSIBLE Class... MAYBE Idk i dont have anything near what id need for a class....

My old ar was a CMMG lower on a DPMS Hbar Upper.. i got off of JSE for 400 complete with BCG and it never malfunctioned... then again i never really sat down and zerod it in before i sold .... that being said. what would you suggest?
The BCM and skip the quad rail. W/ all the new mounts people are making you dont need a quad rail for the basics you'll need. Get a Magpul midlength MOE HG. Magpul makes light mount kits for the MOE. IWC makes a great sling mount for the MOE as well. You dont have to kill your wallet to get a nice rifle. And go w/ a rear MBUS.

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
BFH would be best but the standard would be fine. Its a $90 dollar difference. Google the both and determine what would be best for you and if its worth spending the $90 extra in your eyes. And decide what barrel profile you'd like. A nice AR that makes you feel good is an awesome thing.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The BCM and skip the quad rail. W/ all the new mounts people are making you dont need a quad rail for the basics you'll need. Get a Magpul midlength MOE HG. Magpul makes light mount kits for the MOE. IWC makes a great sling mount for the MOE as well. You dont have to kill your wallet to get a nice rifle. And go w/ a rear MBUS.
This.

BFH would be best but the standard would be fine. Its a $90 dollar difference. Google the both and determine what would be best for you and if its worth spending the $90 extra in your eyes. And decide what barrel profile you'd like. A nice AR that makes you feel good is an awesome thing.
I do not think it is worth the $90 for your use. In reality that is more than 1/3 of the cost of the barrel and if you shoot out a regular barrel we are talking thousands and thousands of rounds.

When u say profile ? U mean hbar gvmnt etc? Or length ?
answering for him - Yes. I really like LW profile, but gov't is nice too. LW saves quite a bit of weight out on the end of the barrel and minimal accuracy lost.

I think for a first ( or if your only) AR a non-permed attachment is best. In your position, I would definitely get a 16" and a mid-length gas system. again if you get 16"LW it will feel very close to a 14.5 gov't.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
well cancel that they dont make one lol..

Hows about this when its back in stock? how often does BCM restock on things like this??

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-mid-16lw.htm

400+145+35 for the hg.... 580... right under 600 shipped.. dont think i can go wrong with that.. that will leave me 100 for the ctr stock and bad lever as well!
can't get your link to work but if it is this:
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-Mid-Length-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-mid-16lw.htm

then that would be my pick.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts