Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to Deals Gap. Leaving at 0'dark thirty. No, I'm not riding there. I've got a toyhauler. Loaded both bikes and gear today. Me the missus and the dogs will be gone for a week.

First time out of Florida since 1999. The weather there is clearing and it should be a good week.

Later........

The rig..

:cool:

·
TX expatriate
1,674 Posts
Don't forget to wave at Killboy and crew, and don't forget that the po-po has been out in heavy numbers lately.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put a black dragon sticker on my helmet - I figure I earned it after a minor get off on the way back down .....:freak:

Have fun and be careful! I LOVE that part of the country. It is so beautiful, but it's hard to find a straight road any where in that area.

·
hates you
32,565 Posts
Deal's Gap rules. I live about half an hour on the Tennessee side of it.

I used to go up there in my Nissans a lot. Watch for RVs and tractor-trailers, showoffs, old people, and cops.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by fnfalman
And this is an issue? :headscratch: :crazy: :tongueout:
:laughabove:

Well, no, not really. But after 10 days of being constantly watching curves, turning, shifting, slowing, I just wanted to go to breakfast on a normal, straight road.:freak: Even the "regular" roads are winding and twisty.

We were there during Honda Hoot last year. There were bikes everywhere and more than a few slid off the road letting their attention wander. And that was not on Deal's Gap.

Besides, I was/am still a newish rider and the pucker factor is still ratcheted up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.