Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to Deals Gap. Leaving at 0'dark thirty. No, I'm not riding there. I've got a toyhauler. Loaded both bikes and gear today. Me the missus and the dogs will be gone for a week.

First time out of Florida since 1999. The weather there is clearing and it should be a good week.

Later........

The rig..

:cool:

·
TX expatriate
1,939 Posts
Don't forget to wave at Killboy and crew, and don't forget that the po-po has been out in heavy numbers lately.

·
Registered
32,867 Posts
Everyone I know who put the stickers on the bike has wadded it up the next time they hit the twisties. Especially at Wolf Pen Gap.
Put the stickers anywhere but on the bike!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put a black dragon sticker on my helmet - I figure I earned it after a minor get off on the way back down .....:freak:

Have fun and be careful! I LOVE that part of the country. It is so beautiful, but it's hard to find a straight road any where in that area.

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Originally posted by Bandalero
I LOVE that part of the country. It is so beautiful, but it's hard to find a straight road any where in that area.
And this is an issue? :headscratch: :crazy: :tongueout:

·
hates you
32,671 Posts
Deal's Gap rules. I live about half an hour on the Tennessee side of it.

I used to go up there in my Nissans a lot. Watch for RVs and tractor-trailers, showoffs, old people, and cops.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by fnfalman
And this is an issue? :headscratch: :crazy: :tongueout:
:laughabove:

Well, no, not really. But after 10 days of being constantly watching curves, turning, shifting, slowing, I just wanted to go to breakfast on a normal, straight road.:freak: Even the "regular" roads are winding and twisty.

We were there during Honda Hoot last year. There were bikes everywhere and more than a few slid off the road letting their attention wander. And that was not on Deal's Gap.

Besides, I was/am still a newish rider and the pucker factor is still ratcheted up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts