I'm on the fence, buying today: 30SF or M&P 45c

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Getwild2, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Getwild2

Getwild2 Mac Aficionado

Historically I shoot my M&P better than my Glock, unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to shoot both before I buy so I'll be winging this one. The main reasons I'm considering the Glock over the M&P is the Glock is 10+1 versus M&P's 8+1, the Glock trigger is WAY better and the size of the Glock is a tad smaller, especially on the slide length.

Do any of you have experience with both the 30SF and 45c? How do they compare with regard to recoil, conceal-ability, etc.?

Thanks for helping me make my decision.

2. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

My G30SF's been perfect. I used it to qualify at work and it felt and acted better than my G23. Great gun.

3. Sharkey

Sharkey

Haven't shot the 30SF but I do own a M&P45c and like it a lot. Straight out of the box, I qualified with it and pulled one out. People continually complain about the trigger. I think it just fine and the more you shoot it, the more it smooths out a bit.
    I ended up buying one when searching for a hybrid 1911 Ofc. frame/Commander slide. For the money and comfort, hands down the M&P wins.
    I got nine with the ambi safety.

I have a couple Glocks so I'm not a hater but the M&P45c is a very nice gun. Mags are expensive for it though.

4. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I ended up getting rid of my Glock 30 so if I felt like trying one it would be the M&P 45c, I like my M&P9c.

5. jeep olllllo

jeep olllllo

The short trigger reset on the G30 is a dream. Shoots scary accurate.

6. gatorboy

gatorboy

I've got a 29SF and a 45c. I like the 45c much better. You give up 1 or 2 rds. depending on which mag you use in the 30 but mag changes are faster and feel more solid due to the three finger grip. You also get a slightly longer barrel. I'm selling the 29 since I don't carry it because it weighs a ton. The 30 is just slightly lighter. Either one will be a good choice though, I love my Glock 40's.

7. Larry V

Larry V

I have 2 30 SF's and I love them. Great ccw guns!!!

8. Getwild2

Getwild2 Mac Aficionado

Thanks guys! I ended up picking up the 30SF after all, going to shoot it today! Cant wait! If I like 'er, I'll be ordering up another CTAC to replace my G23 as my EDC.

9. Bluecoat2

Bluecoat2

Good choice. I bought both the 30 and SF because I couldn't find two together to compare. Medium hands. The 30 is my final choice but the SF is right there if needed. I'm keeping both. These things are incredible and the felt recoil is much lighter than the 1911's.

10. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

I have the 30 also and it feels great in my hand! I love the way it shoots - I always say that Glock .45s "push", they don't recoil.

Congrats on the new addition!

TGG

Family photo:
    [​IMG]

The ODs:
    [​IMG]

11. Getwild2

Getwild2 Mac Aficionado

I fired my 30SF for the first time last night and WOW, I absolutely LOVE shooting this gun! I really like the recoil, definitely not snappy but more push and power. My brother and I also found it to be unbelievably accurate! My brothers first 4 rounds with it were the size of a quarter at 5 yards.

Anyway, I'm ordering a CTAC and once its broken in she'll be my EDC. Thanks for all the info guys!

12. Captainns10

Captainns10

:wavey:

Congrats and good choice! I got my 30sf a few weeks ago and love it

13. thekidc

thekidc

I own both and each has it's advantages. The 30sf holds 2 more rounds but having all 10 rounds in the mag and one in the chamber is pretty tight. The magazine doesn't seat as easily when full. I haven't noticed this with the M&P 8 round mags. The dual recoil spring does help with recoil with the Glock but I don't really feel that much difference between the two. There are way more holster options and accessories for the 30sf. The M&P is slimmer. The Glock is chunky and doesn't feel as balanced as the M&P.

I think out of the box the Glock has a better trigger. There are some really talented smiths out there that do trigger work on the M&P. You would be amazed in the difference after the trigger has been worked on by them. When I got these guns I was more accurate with Glock. Now, after the trigger job on the M&P I am much more accurate with it than the Glock especially with rapid shooting and movement.

For me the better choice here is the M&P but either gun will suit you well. It really comes down to what you prefer.

Good luck with your 30sf. I know you will be happy with your choice.

14. VanguardMP

VanguardMP

I just shot my 30SF this weekend and you're correct in it being very accurate. It's probably my most accurate Glock. I really like and will use as one of my carry guns very soon.

VMP

15. Novocaine

Novocaine

Congrats on a new gun. I must say though it's somewhat of a leap of faith to buy a gun prior to shooting it. There’s quite a list of guns I really liked up to the point I shot them.

16. den888

den888

This is a Glock forum, so G30SF !!!