I'm now getting about two calls a day for a last chance to extend my car's warranty!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by davethehiker, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Qman2

Qman2

I get those calls too. One of these days I'll be bored and answer the call and put them through the motions. Mine come in on my new corporate phone number that never had anything to do with any vehicle I own the newest of which is now 11 years old

2. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Nicer than I. I always ask for “go ________ yourself.” Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. sarge83

sarge83

At least it isn't Elizabeth from Holiday Resorts! My brother was bored and actually went through the call and talked to a live human and he strung them along a good while and they finally asked what kind of car he had and the mileage. Oh its a great car, a 1974 Ford Pinto with 200,000 miles, what can you do for me? Click!

This auto warranty calls from hell is one time I wish I could sic Covid on someone.

4. davethehiker

davethehiker

My hope is that if I waste enough of there time I can convince them that I'm an ahole and will be put on their ahole list and they will stop calling me. Maybe it's working because I have not had a call from them since Tuesday when I made the OP.
    If I do get another call from them, I think next time I will tell them that I a decedent of slaves and they should provide the insurance for free as a reparation.

5. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

I had one call once and I told them my vehicle was a 3 year old Appaloosa that I got from Brother Jebediah down the road. She said she had never heard of that kind of car. I exclaimed “Car?!? Oh heavens no, I don’t own a car, I’m Amish!” She never even questioned why an Amish person would be answering a phone.

Cubdriver likes this.
  6. domin8ss

domin8ss

That's probably because she might be working from home in Lancaster, PA and has seen many Amish with cell phones

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. Wojo88

Wojo88

A buddy of mine had a parrot who had a pretty good vocabulary. One day he got one of these calls and told the person to hold one and he'll get his wife to talk to you. The parrot was named Jackie and he told that to the caller, he put the phone on speaker and placed it by the parrot. If you really want to see just how dumb some folks are try this. The parrot could answer basic questions like how are you? what is your name? etc. The laughter gave it away!

8. Squid1

Squid1

I appreciate these otherwise worthless calls as “reflex tests” which help keep my mind and finger sharp. Now have my “hang-up reflex” at about 0.75 second. “Do not Han...”. “This is a...”. “Are yo...”. I do have lapses, like last nite at 8pm an actual human with familiar voice got as far as: “This is Hank from Democra...”. OK, full disclosure, every four years I change voter registration temporarily from independent to democrat and give misleading survey info, then change back just before BIG election. Small things amuse great minds.

9. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

I like having fun with them if I have time. I see how long I can keep them on the line. So far my record is 35 minutes.

I have crafted several personalities I can morph into for these fools. The personalities I have are:

1. Forgetful Frank. Frank will run these idiots in circles because by the third question he has forgotten the first one. He will also answer questions with the same question and at random times completely start the conversation over from the word hello.

2. Herbert the Pervert. Good old Herbert will usually start the call normally but then slowly start making noises and asking strange questions. Herbert likes to ask “where do you think my hand is now?”. Herbert doesn’t discriminate either. He will even ask men what they are wearing and if they work out.

3. Billy the racist. I don’t think I need to describe this one.

4. Hard of hearing Hank. Hank will constantly ask the caller to speak louder and to repeat themself. Hank will also say he has a hard time hearing at least once a minute. After the person is yelling on the other end of the line Hank will tell them to stop yelling because it hurts his ears.

10. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

I bought an Apple Watch with cellular. I have never given out that number to anyone because I would have to look it up to know it myself. It’s linked to my phone. I still get robocalls for car warranties on its direct line.
    They are spoofing telephone numbers to avoid the caller ID blockers. It’s really out of hand.

11. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

I had the call from “ Microsoft “ telling me that my system had been hacked. I acted like an old man when he wanted to do a remote fix to it. I had him on the phone for half an hour before I told him,” I use an Apple a-hole. Nice try. “